Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best Ace Combat protagonist?
This poll is closed.
Cipher 79 32.24%
Phoenix 9 3.67%
Mobius 1 84 34.29%
William Bishop--lol get out 24 9.80%
SHOOT VISARI 49 20.00%
Total: 245 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Ace Combat Zero is my favorite overall, followed by 4. Totally didn't realize solo wing pixie was fighting the war in ac4 during the documentary. Nice touch. I also think Zero has the best soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Welp, this LP made me nostalgic to play AC04 and Zero again. Turns out my PS2 won't read either anymore, and my version of the ps3 can't run ps2 software. Looks like I'm playing vicariously through the OP.

EDIT: managed to get lucky jamming the straw of a compressed air can deep down in the disc drive. Mobius 1/my ps2 lives again!

rocket_man38 fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 1, 2016

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Just tried AH. Dear God what a mess. Not a fan of DFM. I think I just wasted 19.99 because I was curious.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Psion posted:

Upon rewatching crow's latest video one thing did occur to me: I say every AC game would be better with 04's briefing track.

Yup. I've had that track on my mp3/Ipod/etc. for years now. That and "Zero" from AC0.

EDIT: Completely forgot about Puddle of Mudd being on the AC05 soundtrack. How did they make it to Strangereal?

rocket_man38 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 2, 2016

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Blurry is used for the story trailer for AC5, and it's heard in a cutscene very briefly. Chopper's seen listening to it on his downtime between missions. Someone at Project Aces liked the song, I guess.

I'm reminded of that scene from the Flash/Supergirl crossover last year where they're comparing the differences between their universe. "Oh, you guys have Mariah Carrey here too."

Pretty much ya. I can imagine the poor Balkan scientist who opened the door to another dimension only to hear Blurry. "We are cutting your funding, we need to build the XB-0."

EDIT: I'm playing my old ac0 save and I noticed my su 37 has pac mans and ghosts underneath the name. What does that mean?

rocket_man38 fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 3, 2016

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Been enjoying your LP's of Zero and 2. I've been a huge fan of Ace Combat since 01, so I'm kind of sad I missed your LP'S until now. You inspired me to play through Zero again, and gently caress I didn't realize how much I missed that game. I just could NOT get into ac06 or recently AH. DFM is a no go for me. I'd honestly rather spend hours figuring out DCS flight sims than finish that poo poo.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

I spent more money than was advisable on Ace Combat 6 DLC, but I did not touch a single one of the iDOLM@STER planes :colbert:

The only way I ever will is if the thread sets up a GoFundMe page or something and pays out of its own pocket to see them in action.

"Please help Nine-gear crow dance with the angels in style!"

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

AC04 has an amazing ost. Agnus Dei is amazing. Zero is my all time favorite though. That track can't be beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

TIL: NEVER google "Mobius 1" or "Cipher and Pixy".