Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Koalas March posted:

TGRS is a place to talk about racism, sexism, lgtbtq rights and other social justice issues without trolls or literal nazis.

Black posters in D&D were being targeted, berated and felt we were treated unfairly for awhile and through the Negrotown Thread, TGRS was spawned. I wish it was still Nergrotown (never forget your roots!) but I understand the name change.

Jesus black Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Also because it became impossible to dissent without tripping the racism alarm regardless of content. Hence the discussion forum is not the same as the quarantine forum

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Grognan posted:

Also because it became impossible to dissent without tripping the racism alarm regardless of content. Hence the discussion forum is not the same as the quarantine forum

So you're telling me a bunch of D&D crazies can't take any criticism without crying "RACISSSMMM!!!!" ?

#woke

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I like what I've seen of TGSR and don't really get complaints about it being more insular than other SA subs, or difficult to post in without being probated. There is close to 60 SA subs, and it is nice to have one where trolls aren't given the leeway to derail otherwise interesting and sensitive topics.

Maybe some probations are unfair, I don't know, but when someone complains about being treated unfairly, it just seems readily apparently that they are usually sulking about endless boring trolling or out-right bigotry not being tolerated.

`Nemesis posted:

There's a tech question thread in QCS (QQcs these days)

Thanks!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Where do the mods and admins keep the hoard of gold and jewels? Asking for a friend, who is me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Putty posted:

Where do the mods and admins keep the hoard of gold and jewels? Asking for a friend, who is me.
Under the big X

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

FactsAreUseless posted:

Under the big X

Ah, so LowtaX.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Under the big X

It's a mad mad mad mad forums.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

He lies, it's been under the dot in "something awful dot com" the whole time.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
You just have to find a button that will make your wildest dreams come true and click it, that's where they hide the gold

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

IOwnCalculus posted:

He lies, it's been under the dot in "something awful dot com" the whole time.

And it's not the one you think (it's the dot over the i)

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I have a question, I cant see rap sheets or reasons why people were probated or banned anymore. It just happened one day, now all the fields are blank. Is this now a Plat thing?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
There's a tech thread over in QCS, but you likely need to clear your browser cache

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

`Nemesis posted:

There's a tech thread over in QCS, but you likely need to clear your browser cache

Cool, thanks!

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
What has site traffic looked like over the last couple years? Has the number of new paid accounts been decreasing?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

visuvius posted:

What has site traffic looked like over the last couple years? Has the number of new paid accounts been decreasing?

Yes. You can see this yourself by looking st profiles and register dates and noting how many less user ids are Registered per year now.

I'd post a few stats but phone posting.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
By what year do you expect the forum to be dead or for the prices of the server to just become unsustainable?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

By what year do you expect the forum to be dead or for the prices of the server to just become unsustainable?

Lowtax has said he sees a long term future for SA, that's why he's moving us off RadiumCode and into a new system.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

On top of that, if there's no significant growth, the cost to host the site goes down as time goes on.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
When the world collapses and is burning around us and the last remaining vestiges of humanity are desperately banding together for survival I'll still be here with the other three living posters discussing whatever topic is relevant, like how to purify water and how bad the Xbox one is.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

When the world collapses and is burning around us and the last remaining vestiges of humanity are desperately banding together for survival I'll still be here with the other three living posters discussing whatever topic is relevant, like how to purify water and how bad the Xbox one is.

By that time it will be the Xbox One 3 at minimum

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

weak wrists big dick posted:

By that time it will be the Xbox One 3 at minimum

And it'll STILL HAVE THE WRONG TYPE OF RAM!!!!! :argh:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What the gently caress does "the wrong type of RAM" even mean?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I have no idea, honestly.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Some video game nerds got upset about the XBox one

The PS4 had the correct RAM I guess?

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

All of a PS4's RAM was fast enough for smooth graphics that look good. The Xbone had lots of RAM but the part you could actually use quickly was tiny as poo poo, so you had to make a tradeoff on if you wanted your game to look good, run quickly, or be simple to program

that's about it, then dumbshits parroted it because formulas are funny

e: gently caress I called a guy two posts up a dumbshit :smith:!

Good Dumplings fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jun 24, 2017

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
This Q has probably been asked like 50 times. When and why did the forums go from extremely strict to lax? I remember GBS was anal-central, nearly every sub forum was super easy to get probation/banning. Then all of a sudden (to my anyway) it changed.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
An event we've only found trace documentation of. The ones before us called it "the great chill" but we're as of yet unsure as to what that means.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Suspicious Lump posted:

This Q has probably been asked like 50 times. When and why did the forums go from extremely strict to lax? I remember GBS was anal-central, nearly every sub forum was super easy to get probation/banning. Then all of a sudden (to my anyway) it changed.

halloween 13

iirc it was because some mods and admins wanted some changes on the forums after the aatrek stuff

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Remember when Ozma had the idea to re-style the forums based on an advertising campaign from Walgreens?

Added the Nice! button to yospos so you could instantly summon a series of images of a notorious rapist and gave the entire mod and admin team Nice! brand avatars

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

syscall girl posted:

Remember when Ozma had the idea to re-style the forums based on an advertising campaign from Walgreens?

Added the Nice! button to yospos so you could instantly summon a series of images of a notorious rapist and gave the entire mod and admin team Nice! brand avatars

Are you sure the Nice button wasn't there before? I could have sworn it pre-dated the Walgreen's thing.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

Are you sure the Nice button wasn't there before? I could have sworn it pre-dated the Walgreen's thing.

It might have? I want to say that was related to Bitcoin Bob or whoever it was who did the cosby coin prank?

Or maybe I just conflated the two because cosby

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The nice button was originally just a button that quoted a post and just responded Nice! that was later made to cozpop and then dogepop.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

The nice button was originally just a button that quoted a post and just responded Nice! that was later made to cozpop and then dogepop.

Takes one to know one.

e: also it was Barbarian Bob I was thinking of and he's gone through a lot of namechanges since then

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think the cozpop thing was indeed homage to BB's bitcointalk hack where he trashed their page with cosby coin stuff and then went back and did it again months later after they failed to close the glaringly open hole in their software.

Chooch was who made the button, iirc. Pretty much all the cosby stuff disappeared once it came to light he was a roofierapist.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

zen death robot posted:

Barbarian Bob is forever the founder of the Cosby Crew and all it represents however

*raises eyebrows suggestively*

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Hogge Wild posted:

halloween 13

iirc it was because some mods and admins wanted some changes on the forums after the aatrek stuff
Oh poo poo he was a pedo! fuuuuuuck.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zen death robot posted:

Barbarian Bob is forever the founder of the Cosby Crew and all it represents however

I want to believe that the Cosby Crew transcends the person it was named for.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

prefect posted:

I want to believe that the Cosby Crew transcends the person it was named for.

Might as well call them Rohypcoins at this point. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Don't believe the lies, cosby didn't really rape

• Locked thread