Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

N. Senada posted:

How do you decide what the little symbol by your name is going to be? A bird for LAB makes sense, yours is like the old stars; does everybody just pick their own, does somebody in particular make them?

E. Also, I stand by desire to see you react to some insane stuff happening in a thread.

Lord of the Flies reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

I didn't until I read this post

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Shoren posted:

How are word filters determined and implemented?

What's the threshold for sending a PM to a mod versus using the report button, just individual preference? Also, are most reports for legitimate issues or are they cases of people just getting annoyed at other posters?

"Is it funny?" seems to be the overriding criteria.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Do you get reports from mods or do y'all handle that poo poo in the mod forum? Also, if you did get a report from a mod would you put the offender on probation even if you didn't agree as a courtesy?

I'll report something if I think it warrants it. I don't expect for it to be treated any different than a non-mod report.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hob_Gadling posted:

Why do you hate GBS? Is it a requirement for becoming a mod?

I'm mad that the racists and bigots are being oppressed! Why can't I express my desire for Islamic genocide on these forums without being probated for it?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Your Gay Uncle posted:

What are the stats on thread votes? Does anyone really read a thread and say to themselves "hmm...this thread is not quite a 4...perhaps a 3 if I'm being generous"? Or does everyone just click either "1" or "5"? What percentage of posters vote on threads? Is it the same people voting over and over again?

It's usually 5 or 1 votes. I always get a kick out of the spite 1 votes. Like for a while there was someone who just went through and voted 1 on every thread in GiP. Even the "hey don't kill yourself, here's some resources" thread.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:stare:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:nsallears:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Swillkitsch posted:

Reading this thread is neat, even though I don't post much and don't have a lot of interaction with the mods of the, like, two forums I do post in.

Do you have mod functionality on the mobile apps?

I can view reports and that's about it. Have to switch to safari to mete out justice.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I've seen a few asking for thread title changes.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

How often do people PM big whiny walls of text about 6 hour probations?

Every loving time if they have the ability to send PM's. 6 hours are the most likely to set off meltdowns.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

That post/thread is so cathartic.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I like it when two posters get so involved in their silly drama that they start reporting each others posts :allears:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hollow Talk posted:

What do you usually do in that case? Ignore both? Probate both? Point and laugh?

It doesn't really happen in my forum so it's a combination of mirth and pity for the mods that have to untangle that mess.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I work at a non profit organization helping folks with their job searches -- social work basically.

My educational background is political science :smithicide:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

i'm actually huma abedin :ssh:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

weak wrists big dick posted:

What is your favorite crazy person forum saga (I.e. vilepilot)?

What keyboard and mouse do you use?

E: bonus question, which mod is the best at video games?

Caro

Some mechanical keyboard I got for Xmas a few years ago.

idk it's corded though.

Video Games I hope.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I'm actually ralp.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Shine posted:

Wrong account, FAU

Sh*t

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

The vitriol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

[quote="“Burt Sexual”" post="“475192051”"]
Thanks. I like you trimmed out who started the Dick Pic thread.
[/quote]

It was me :q:

• Locked thread