Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

genesplicer posted:

It depends. I still go through GBS, reading threads that interest me. On occasion, I'll notice a thread title that seems a bit dodgy and I'll investigate. But about 95% of the actions I take come from reports. Some threads I gas simply because it is obvious that it is heading toward - already arrived in hell. Some times I log on, check the reports and see that a particular thread has lots of complaints. If the reports are all about 1 person, I'll just hit that person. But if it is several people in the same thread, I may just gas the whole thing. Usually, in those circumstances, the multiple complaints indicate that the thread is dying and needs to be put out of my misery.

why do you favor gassing threads over punishing posters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I thought the "dead gay x" meme was a reference to the movie Heathers

Whether it's actually homophobic or not could be debated, I guess

• Locked thread