Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Skoll posted:

Why did you guys accept being mods/admins, and are there any inherent perks of being a mod / former mod or admin besides the forum cop powers?

I was just coming off a bunch of discussions I felt could benefit from moderation focused more on posting style than on the perceived views of the posters, and was happy to try and give that a shot as a moderator. I agree with others before me that the rest of the mod/admin team is a huge perk, and I also really like being able to facilitate fun forums events that people come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Shine posted:

Dunno about the former, but plenty of people over the years have been banned for their first post because it was a shill, really gross, or just dumb as gently caress. Then of course there are crazy rereg spammers who seldom make it long before they're banned again.

Don't forget those who register and then immediately post an autoban thread. One of them probably holds the record.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Lacedaemonius posted:

Not really a question, but this seems like about the only fitting thread to say that the modding/administration has me afraid to post on pretty much any non-serious sub-forum, except maybe BYOB for actually being an island of chill.

My question is as a second-class citizen non-plat is there any way to report really hosed up and illegal posts? I recall reading in the rules thread for some forum that admins and maybe mods have SA emails but that's as far as I got.

There's an up-to-date list of admins, mods, and contacts where available. You are absolutely encouraged to report anything illegal.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I'm CIA.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Safety Biscuits posted:

Bring back LF.

No.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hogge Wild posted:

and lol that president baby guy is bad

didn't he even have a meltdown somewhere when people told him that he's bad?

He's constantly melting down over twitter, and he's not even in office.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Grandmother of Five posted:

I forgot about grognards.txt. Howcome it was closed? I didn't follow it closely, but it was a neat & weird thread to read a couple of pages in every so often.

Either that or one or another of the iterations of "worse/best/remarkable experiences in tabletop gaming" are what got me to sign up for an account. grognards.txt got really depressing after a while, though. Such overwhelming bitterness.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CharlesM posted:

Will there be a new moderator chosen for AI?

Good AI should be able to run itself.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

weak wrists big dick posted:

By that time it will be the Xbox One 3 at minimum

And it'll STILL HAVE THE WRONG TYPE OF RAM!!!!! :argh:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What the gently caress does "the wrong type of RAM" even mean?

I have no idea, honestly.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

prefect posted:

I want to believe that the Cosby Crew transcends the person it was named for.

Might as well call them Rohypcoins at this point. :smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

value-brand cereal posted:

Out of curiosity do any of the mods or admins maintain contact with lowtax, like feedback on yeah this happened, there's so many bans or probes this month, etc? Or is it just lowtax dropping by once in a while with some pizzas?

LOL, pizzas.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Snooze Cruise posted:

Mods tell us more about these pizzas

All lies.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Snooze Cruise posted:

There is something they are not telling us about these pizzas.

I wonder if the toppings are illegal

I have never once in my life gotten a pizza from Lowtax.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The mod subforum was by far the best benefit of being a mod.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

counterfeitsaint posted:

I thought that when Lowtax goes to that great unverified Twitter account in the sky, we're all to be buried with him, so no one will care who owns SA anymore.

When you die in SA, you don't die in real life.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

counterfeitsaint posted:

You might as well. I mean, what's the point of living after that?

Whatever the two of us were doing before 2010 is probably still going to be there. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

counterfeitsaint posted:

World of Warcraft? No, I think I'd prefer death.

Harsh.... but fair.

• Locked thread