Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FactsAreUseless posted:

Probations for spelling and grammar were stupid because they didn't encourage good posting or prevent bad posting. Catchphrases and similar are handled forum by forum. I think they're only a big problem in GBS, because a bunch of broke-brain GBS dudes can't do joke.

My one and only non-probation mod warning was to stop reporting for garbage punctuation and capitalization. :v:

In my maturity I must concede it was a correct decision.

(As were all my probations except maybe the one for mouthing off in YCS, and really posting in YCS takes your probation status into your hands anyway)

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Incoherence posted:

But then I wouldn't have the amusing story of how I got there! (I think I got as high as top 5.)

Story: Years ago, SA introduced the ability to buy intra-forums ads for a cheaper price than the normal banner ads. A... friend from high school decided to buy this hideous flashing pink banner which linked directly to my "ignore this user" link. When someone pointed this banner ad out to radium in the thread he posted for feedback on the new ad prices, he realized that probably shouldn't be allowed, and fixed it for future purchases, but in typical radium fashion he didn't fix the existing banner ad (so it ran for the full month or whatever). Several hundred people clicked it, as you can see from the Posting Gloryhole page. I like to believe that some of those people later became puzzled as to why they had a mod on their ignore list (I haven't been tracking the exact count so I don't know if it's decreased over time).

Praise Radium, may his glory be remembered forever.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

*barely legible will is found containing only the word "stile" scrawled in pencil and dated 6/9/1997*

Alarmingly plausible.

• Locked thread