Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I spend at max like 5 minutes a day doing mod stuff, mostly because there aren't a lot of reports in CD. I read a lot of the threads to check if there are posts that deserve action that haven't been reported, but that's usually part of my "just posting in the forum" part of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

People mostly picked their own. I want to color mine red but it's not like a normal image it's some sort of weird CSS thing or something. I'd like to credit the mod who was making them but I forget who it was, so hopefully they come take credit.

It was CrazyLittle who made all the custom mod stars.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah, he just stopped posting and he got de-admin 'do. I also miss him, he was cool.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

tbp posted:

Do the current mods have a vendetta against me like the old ones. One major thing I've noticed about the old mods that didn't work with the tbp brand was that they were eventually found out to be outrageously gay and hosed up in some sense. Additionally bring back the soccer balls next to our names.

I didn't until I read this post

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

WE B Bourgeois posted:

Mods have the punish/reward + history buttons, but not the "show IPs" button

This is the page for probations. The options in the dropdown are 6 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, and 100,000 hours. Anything written in the top field shows up in the Leper's Colony, the bottom field is for notes that show up only in the mod queue.

Admin punishments/rewards go through immediately, while mod ones go into a queue for approval. If there was a private note on this probation request, it'd appear below "origin" at the right.

The 'history' button is a user's personal little modqueue. It's similar to the Leper's Colony but has a list of all thread moves, mod-given titles, private notes etc. for that user.

Oh is that what the approve/deny probation thing looks like? Cool.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

AMLOVINIT posted:

I know you all said that reports are awesome but do you come across reports from whiney little self righteous shites on a My Opining Is The Only Correct One journey?

Nota Bene: in my twisted mind, all report-ers are just snitches

Literally constantly.

That's what "Misc" is for.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what happened to gnarly? I thought he was a good mod but I haven't been active in GBS for ages and people were saying it broke him.

He's an angry alcoholic who was a horrendously lovely mod because of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

FluffieDuckie posted:

I took it because Byob was kind of in a crisis and I thought I could save it and make it something people could enjoy

The biggest unexpected perk for me has been getting to know the rest of the mod team who are really neat people

:yeah:

Though it's definitely a little awkward when someone like gnarly is slowly descending into madness and you kinda just have to go "uuuuuhhhh yeah okay dude I dunno..."

• Locked thread