Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Bad Seafood posted:

ADTRW doesn't get too many reports, and when it does they're usually pretty straightforward - though, of course, the few times they're not they're always doozies. I typically check for new reports once in the morning (before work) and once in the evening, sometimes sporadically when I've got the time. I've also got posters I trust who'll message me whenever it seems like something's gonna go down. When not doling out punishment, the meat of my job typically involves guiding conversations through/away from trouble spots known to disrupt conversation or foster undue hostility. I try to be firm here, when I need to be, but otherwise prefer to be accomodating (i.e. "Wishywashy").

I can't read every thread, nor every post, but I try to be an active presence where I can and will sometimes randomly look into threads where I'm not. I'm not always doing mod stuff, but I always kinda need to be prepared to do mod stuff, should the need arise, so in that sense I'm always (but never) on the clock.

Can you tell us about some of those doozies? You've got me generally curious how bad some of them get.

I suppose that's also a question for other mods as well. What are some of the craziest reports you guys/gals have had to deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread