Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Eh! Frank posted:

What happened to XyloJW? I noticed a while back that he's not a admin or mod any more, and hasn't posted in a while. Which is a bit disappointing, he was one of my favorites, mainly because I remember him from the politoons threads in D&D a couple years ago.

He had a kid and started posting less. I hope he returns one day, he's a really good guy!

GonSmithe posted:

It was CrazyLittle who made all the custom mod stars.

I already had an svg of the hammer and sickle saved, thanks very much :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Tough on tbp, tough on the causes of tbp

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

stringball posted:

Can you show us pictures of what the forums look like to you guys? What's it look like when you probate someone?

Mods have the punish/reward + history buttons, but not the "show IPs" button

This is the page for probations. The options in the dropdown are 6 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, and 100,000 hours. Anything written in the top field shows up in the Leper's Colony, the bottom field is for notes that show up only in the mod queue.

Admin punishments/rewards go through immediately, while mod ones go into a queue for approval. If there was a private note on this probation request, it'd appear below "origin" at the right.

The 'history' button is a user's personal little modqueue. It's similar to the Leper's Colony but has a list of all thread moves, mod-given titles, private notes etc. for that user.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Of course, the custom title reward can be a punishment as well :grin:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

AMLOVINIT posted:

I know you all said that reports are awesome but do you come across reports from whiney little self righteous shites on a My Opining Is The Only Correct One journey?

Nota Bene: in my twisted mind, all report-ers are just snitches

If a report reason includes "poster used [logical fallacy]" I will almost always misc it

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Skoll posted:

Why did you guys accept being mods/admins, and are there any inherent perks of being a mod / former mod or admin besides the forum cop powers?

I accepted because I like posting on the forums, and being able to change thread titles

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
There's no head phone jack

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Do mods/admins have any sort of timeline as to when the forums are moving to xenforo?

It seems like such a crazy undertaking, I can't imagine it would be anytime soon :psyduck:

I think it's be a fair while away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
I'm a public servant

• Locked thread