Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

blackguy32 posted:

How serious do you take racism as a mod? I often see ironic racism on the forums and I often just roll my eyes and don't bother reporting because at times I felt that was just the culture of SA

I try to clamp down on it when I see it, either in threads or reported. It comes up less often than you'd think, given that my subforum (CSPAM) is devoted to howling about politics like an escaped mental patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

N. Senada posted:

How do you decide what the little symbol by your name is going to be? A bird for LAB makes sense, yours is like the old stars; does everybody just pick their own, does somebody in particular make them?

E. Also, I stand by desire to see you react to some insane stuff happening in a thread.

Mine got assigned to me when I was still just an IK (I think it happened when we changed from being an RSF, and was topical since melting down over politics is sorta our thing), but it's pretty neat so I've seen no need to change it.

Hogge Wild posted:

Which forums have IKs, and are you mods happy with your IKs? Do they help your work, or are they around just for fun? I think that GBS could be improved by IKs. What do admins and GBS mod think about it?

FYAD, BYOB, and CSPAM. I was one prior to getting promoted and I've generally liked the others I worked with. They usually help keep threads from getting too out of control when either I or Shen-ji aren't paying attention, which is nice.

• Locked thread