Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

This used to happen, not anymore.

As someone who this happened to, it is a definite "what the gently caress" moment. I legit thought the forums were just broken at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Or if the BRCT includes some sort of horribly NWS image.

Case in point, I haven't even changed my own after someone bought me this :haw:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Gimbal lock posted:

Do the mods know how many people have any given poster on ignore?

Mods definitely don't. I know at some level (either admins or perhaps just ZDR-level) it's possible to see a user's ignore list (see: Proudlegion). The only things mods get to see that users don't, are mod forums, and certain mod/admin actions. Probations that are approved go in the leper's colon for everyone to see, but mods can see probations that were declined / rescinded, as well as mod/admin-requested custom title changes. We don't see anything for purchased title changes.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I keep forgetting the gloryhole exists :downs:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Hollow Talk posted:

What do you usually do in that case? Ignore both? Probate both? Point and laugh?

Combination of the last two for me since it usually means there's a lot of collateral shitpost damage.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Grandmother of Five posted:

i could be wrong, but i'm guessing most posters usually only visit a handful or less out of the many subforums there are, so it might be neat to hear what some of your favourite threads in the forums you mod in are. funny or informative, doesn't matter, but stuff you think is good enough and has a wide enough appeal that it deserves some spotlight.

I'm pretty sure the other mods are tired of me posting links to this thread in the mod forum, but witness this, bloodbag!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

Postcock is a funny word.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

He lies, it's been under the dot in "something awful dot com" the whole time.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

On top of that, if there's no significant growth, the cost to host the site goes down as time goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Mods are certainly not privy to that sort of information, and I doubt most (if not all) of the admins are either.

• Locked thread