Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Kazvall posted:

Is there a chart available for how fast GBS mods burn out vs those of other mains/subs?

sex parrot picked me, but he was shsc for ~6+ years before he turned in his hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

defectivemonkey posted:

E/N was like 50% dumb joke threads when I became mod and the GBS mods were way too busy with their own forum to babysit it. I genuinely like reading E/N so it made sense to try to make it less unreadable.

And my husband, who's been on here wayyy longer than me, thought it would be funny. I think he thought I'd learn interesting forums gossip from the mod forums. He was wrong.

And that's why your modstar is a tragedy/tragedy mask pair.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

ninjahedgehog posted:

Who's the longest-registered poster with a completely clean rap sheet?

Corollary: what's the shortest ever time between a new registration and that user's ban?

Well there's this guy, which is as far back as I was willing to dig before getting bored
http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21107

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Nyc_Tattoo posted:

Last post by him is 7 years and one day ago. Hell, even I have him beat by 3 months and a few thousand posts.

This guy has you beat by a few days ;)
http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18664

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Phantasium posted:

Was it always bad to close threads in SA-Mart?

Yes, it's been in the sa-mart rules thread for as long as I can remember:

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

• Don't close your threads.

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 27, 2016

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Holyshoot posted:

Setup a master username and change what shows on the forums to display names that people can buy to change themselves or for others. Print money and keep SA a float! Boom next problem.

radium.txt

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

zen death robot posted:

Nope. Not even admins can see that

Admins? heck - not even the sql tables can see it. In fact we're not even sure if it actually exists. Our current theory is that Radium studied the placebo effect and managed to code the button in such a way that users just stop seeing the posts after clicking, regardless of any actual effect.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Instant Sunrise posted:

Wasn't there somebody who broke the forums because he had a shitload of people on his ignore list?

this guy :coupons:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1879

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 17, 2016

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Grandmother of Five posted:

so DARE just got permabanned again, only managing to make a few posts. the guy is really easy to recognize imo, so just how many reports do you get when this guy makes a re-reg? it seems like he gets outed nearly instantly.

Sorry but we cannot discuss state secrets. Lowtax forbid us from attracting any more visits from the secret service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
I used to admin a paintball forum for a few years

• Locked thread