Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah, he just stopped posting
A lot of mods seem to go out this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

For any former mods/admins reading, do you find it difficult to transition back into 'normal poster' status now that you've seen behind the curtain, so to speak?
Not really, but I stepped down on my own terms. Mods that melted down or went out amidst some sort of drama probably have a tougher time reverting to normal posting and probably just switch to parachutes. Otherwise I think a lot of former mods and admins just leave entirely due to waning personal interest.

I still like posting but just didn't feel like I had the desire to keep janitoring the forums after like 9 years. Someone else can do it just as well or better :)

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not a lot. There just aren't enough mods and things don't move quickly enough in the mod forum. There's a couple threads that get a handful of posts in a day but it's not super active.
So that's a big change. The mod forum used to be pretty chatty.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

CrazyLittle posted:

sex parrot picked me, but he was shsc for ~6+ years before he turned in his hat.
I think it was 9

:v:

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

zen death robot posted:

None that I'm aware of other than Mrs and Mrs Lowtax
None other currently that I know of, but there were at least 4 or 5 pairings a long time back

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Yeah but that was like over 10 years ago.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=915

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

what the

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

FalloutGod posted:

Being a mod must mean you see the absolute worst and best posters because of your position so can all of you guys and gals post your most favorite/hated posters?
fixed that for you

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

fishmech's got so many parachutes that a hellban wouldn't matter anyway.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Spoggerific posted:

What was that all about
Just a silly thing to do. In a previous instance of themed avatars most of the mods received Phoenix Wright avatars.

Spoggerific posted:

whose idea was it?
Ozma, I think.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

Are there any posters whose posts generate tons of reports but who is never or rarely banned/probated.
IYG had (has?) a dude who pretty much generated all of the reports in there, usually one or two a week, and never ever posts. It's weird to me that someone takes so much issue with others' posts but never posts themselves.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

AlphaKretin posted:

I think the intended question was about someone who gets reported unjustly a lot.
That makes more sense.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Numerous incidents when stuff either didn't arrive, didn't arrive in the condition described, etc.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I like it when two posters get so involved in their silly drama that they start reporting each others posts :allears:
I like it when one poster got so lost in their parachute account rabbit hole that they started reporting their own parachute that they were "arguing" with :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Grandmother of Five posted:

Since there has been some recent talk about possible forums changes, I thought it might be neat to ask you mods & admins, and any formers ones that lurk the thread, too, what it was that originally made you join SA, and whether it is the same stuff that keeps you interested in SA now, too.
I probably signed up for SH/SC. I liked that community for PC stuff compared to the alternatives at the time like [H]ardOCP. I've always kinda stuck to the more "serious" forums like SH/SC, and later TA/VA (now IYG), BFC, Dorkroom, etc. and still find those communities to have level-headed folks with good advice.

• Locked thread