Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

The amount of time that I spend actually mashing buttons for Byob is for sure less than 5 minutes a day, but I check in on the forums multiple times a day, keep up with most threads in Byob and in the mod forum, answer emails, etc.

I likely spend a couple of hours on the forum every day and I for sure wouldn't do that if I didn't feel responsible for how things were going

Even while I was on vacation I was answering pms and addressing a few flareups.

What I'm saying is I may need an intervention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

we have 2 rotating iks in byob. they're mostly for fun but they're also good for keeping an eye on things. i wouldn't enjoy my job as much if i didn't have some help, and i think it's healthy for new people to get a chance to color things their own way.

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

IKs generally rule whereas mods are more of a mixed bag

E: looking at you here fluffie

did you just call me a mixed bag?

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Shoren posted:

What's the threshold for sending a PM to a mod versus using the report button, just individual preference?

i think it's personal preference/forum volume. i prefer to get pms because I get emails right away but I only check reports a couple of times a day. But we're a tiny forum and my method totally works for us.

I'd imagine mods of bigger forums prefer reports because managing that many pms would get crazy

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

SneakyFrog posted:

but ...how does lowtax get the analytics, cant do like business stuff without synergy and analytics...

we used to have analytics but they broke

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

Skoll posted:

Why did you guys accept being mods/admins, and are there any inherent perks of being a mod / former mod or admin besides the forum cop powers?

I took it because Byob was kind of in a crisis and I thought I could save it and make it something people could enjoy

The biggest unexpected perk for me has been getting to know the rest of the mod team who are really neat people

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

i think i'm going blind from trying to mod on my phone browser so lowtax can expect a big eye doctor bill in my next expense report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

zen death robot posted:

You should get the iPhone 7+

Lowtax can expect an iPhone 7+ on my next expense report

• Locked thread