Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
How serious do you take racism as a mod? I often see ironic racism on the forums and I often just roll my eyes and don't bother reporting because at times I felt that was just the culture of SA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I try to clamp down on it when I see it, either in threads or reported. It comes up less often than you'd think, given that my subforum (CSPAM) is devoted to howling about politics like an escaped mental patient.

It's more about gbs. I know I still don't like to go there because for a while, it seemed like it was trending upwards.

Then again, I try to just outright avoid racial threads on SA for various reasons.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

How do you feel about some posters that have rap sheets that are about 2 pages long. I can think of one that posts in games, and I often find it hilarious to just look at their rap sheet.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Are the games moderators just seeing a large amount of posts telling other posters to kill themselves? Its a pretty horrible thing to say to someone else and I know it was growing into a meme, but it stands out to me as one of the few things that is outright probatable in the games forum.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

VideoGames posted:

When I put it down as a rule all those posts ago it was because I was seeing it a lot. I think as a post its kind of pathetic. If you want to put someone down then at least be clever with what you say. Or funny.

Recently it has been cropping up again. I'm not sure why but I think if you are getting angry about a game to the point where you feel someone should die then you've probably lost whatever argument or high ground you originally had.

I know sometimes SA gets accused of being social justicey but in this case I find the potential problems it could cause to be something I disagree with.

Yeah I agree. But I think the social justicey nature of Something Awful is one of the reasons why I like SA games. It sure as hell beats the SJW witch hunts of other forums if you even dare to bring up certain subjects.

• Locked thread