Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is my favourite and I loved that they played it. Man, I genuinely felt like I was there, seeing as though I watched it without interruption from start to finish. Thanks CBC! I wonder how they felt by running an uncensored Tired as gently caress. Glad it wasn't touched.

Also, that first intermission, with the lightning storm gave me chills the whole time through. It just made the whole event seem bigger, even MORE important and sort of ominous. :black101:

In honour of both Gift Shop and the complete switching of emotional gears after it ended (should have just left the broadcast with a still-image of the band at least until midnight EST :colbert: )...

I'll grudgingly accept the sudden shift after - they cut off Saturday olympic coverage on what was effectively the last night, that alone was good on them.

Full props to CBC for their handling of the show; I had this initial moment of dread when Ron McLean started going on an awkward ramble of The Hip and sports and stuff, and then they just shut the gently caress up and let the show happen in silence, even during the intermission.

Estimated viewership - over 11 million. Like a third of Canada watched that. drat.

I was never a major Hip fan growing up - maybe the overplay on radio or something, but I've always appreciated what they've done and for being a distinctly Canadian band and for having some great songs along the way. they'll be missed and they went out as well as they could under the circumstances. Godspeed to them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread