Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, I really enjoyed the first book and the short story about Fred, let's go ahead and start into Caliban's War...

:stare:

Well that's certainly exciting and also frightening. But now I have to go back to work and that sucks!

e: o no, the coffee maker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

drat it Holden.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

quote:

Amos had spent thirty grand during a stopover on Callisto, buying them some after-market engine upgrades. When Holden pointed out that the Roci was already capable of accelerating fast enough to kill her crew and asked why they’d need to upgrade her, Amos had replied, “Because this poo poo is awesome.”
I really like these books you guys.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wow, I don't like anyone* in Cibola Burn so far. Just give me Holden and notMiller: lookin for dead aliens and drop rocks on the rest of these jerks.

I'm only a quarter in, maybe it'll change but drat.

*of the pov characters

a kitten fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 3, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Teaser spoiler: wait till you get to the death slugs

They just turned up. And with that explosion...or whatever it was exactly, I'm once again back to thinking about Ian M Banks and idea of the Outside Context Problem.

e: oh god, Holden truthers.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Dec 4, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Elvi is such a colossal dork that i can't even stay annoyed with her.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nemesis Games is stressing me out. I think I'm at the part where the poo poo is going to hit the fan (Naomi just got grabbed, Amos is having a nice time on earth, Holden just rescued the reporter, and Alex just got targeted by a mystery ship) and i find myself too nervous to read straight through and am posting here as a distraction.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah, yeah that's bad. RIP earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The question i have now is: do i just plow right into Babylon's Ashes, or should i hold out and read something else for a bit?
Keep in mind that i've read nothing but Expanse novels since starting Leviathan Wakes a few weeks ago. Even after telling myself to chill out and maybe space them out a little bit for crying out loud.