Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia

Blackchamber posted:

I can't tell if you are being serious or not.

Point #4 is well made and articulated a lot of vague opinions I had about the huge tonal disconnect I had with the 15 billion deaths and ruin of humanities's cradle.

On the other hand, I can see people not really comprehending number of deaths beyond 180 in a far of place that at the minimum aggressively don't care about because we are not really built that way. It is why aid agencies focus on individual tragedies to drum up support for relief of mass casualty events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
Well, I guess that's how it feels to end a decade long series. I remember only Malazan coming close in my personal experience and that series got steadily lost in the author's pretensions. Next, GoT? Heh.

The Expanse was a competent page turner that had some really iconic characters that didn't really change much, which feels true to life. Holden going out as Space Jesus of latter day saints of gently caress-it-we'll-do-it-live church is just excellent.

The last book reminded me why I liked the book Holden vastly more than the TV version. How can you butcher a character like that? I never understood that decision.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
My biggest beef with TV Holden is he never cracks a joke, never smiles. It is a pretty key trait in the book, it's his main coping mechanism!