Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm going to miss the Expanse once they close out the series. It's been a hell of a journey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Collateral posted:

Are they sitting on the last book?

Like, do you mean you're asking if it's done and they're arbitrarily not releasing it? No. IIRC I saw a tweet or something that said it's in the manuscript editing phase.

e: This was the last one I could find: https://twitter.com/JamesSACorey/status/1220400400651689984

There's supposed to be a novella prior to the last book too, and those tend to come out 4-6 months prior to a book.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 16, 2020

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

General Battuta posted:

Does Alex, uh, do anything? Ever? I’m struggling to think of why they couldn’t just kill him.

He's a central character to the entire series. They can't just get rid of him.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ATP_Power posted:

If the latest season is in the can, I feel like you might be able to write him out without too much reworking, but it'd still be a mess. And having a hard recast would also be a mess too.

poo poo sucks man.

What do you mean by "in the can"? Season 5 is done filming before the rona, and is in post.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm not a show biz guy but i believe "done filming and is in post" is what "in the can" means

Oh okay, that make sense, I didn't know that phrase haha.

PriorMarcus posted:

He's definitely the easiest of the central characters to get rid of tho. Just replace him with Bobby going forward and have Melba do more poo poo to fill the gap.

After the time jump he basically does nothing. Killing him off, maybe by refilling Fred Johnsons death, could work.

That would be such an enormous split from the books that I don't see it happening. I don't know. We'll see.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I posted pics of my kickstarter Roci model in the other thread, if anyone is interested! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906760&pagenumber=198#post512774256

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hed posted:

I got an email about my pre-order that Leviathan Falls is coming out 30 November instead of 16 November. Kind of bummed since I was excited to read it over Thanksgiving break.

I assume the 30th is the real, final release date now?

I got the same email :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ZombieLenin posted:

Don’t want the show. My unpopular opinion is that it’s pretty terrible.

What?!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The showrunner Naren Shankar is heavily hinting on social media that the show isn't done and "they're working on it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kchama posted:

I've never like the Expanse's book titles. They just feel really unfitting and kinda generic.

wrong, they rule