Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Alex and Bobbie are definitely among the few Martians that gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I haven't put a lot of thought into it and I honestly assume/hope a living alien will never show up in the series, but the Epstein guy's funeral chariot finally crashing out near an alien civilization and freaking them the gently caress out would be a cool short story.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Forced baths are *shudders, cum falls out pant leg* very much my poo poo.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

AlternateAccount posted:

Anyone else notice that something like 70% of the population of side characters is either gay or in some sort of non-traditional or plural marriage?

Everyone being brown and gay rules, but Holden being raised by polys definitely explains why he's so stupid.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I'd be surprised if that rogue general with his fleet on the other end of a gate hasn't been doing hosed up protomolecule poo poo at a faster than normal rate.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I THINK he's trying to say that, in the setting, white people are always portrayed as bad? And that there are too many brown people? Which is stupid for obvious reasons, but I'm just translating here.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I skimmed their Twitter and found this

https://twitter.com/DarkMatterzine/status/938286755664539650

so I think they're just a specific kind of weirdo internet person and not a racist thing

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I mean to be fair, white people are cursed by God and undeserving of the light of Ra :hotep:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

If you put the razorback on a conveyor belt that was running really fast...

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

THE BEATWEAVER posted:

This series is a great example of Authors milking the serial fuckin' cow like its the 50's and they're publishing a new chapter in pulp sci-fi quarterly, except its 2018 and each installment is 900 pages of poorly edited bullshit not fit to start a campfire with.

So you'd say you like the books?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

I don't really even buy that the Goths are reacting or even there at all, and that the Laconians aren't just beating themselves bloody against a security system or previously unknown law of physics and ascribing intelligence to it

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Wirnstern Dirty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Holden and Amos were the only ones who knew who she was at the time, and really the Laconians probably know enough about Holden to call his bluff if he threatened to kill a kid. Amos they probably would've believed, but who knows what his thought processes or motivations were looking like at the time. So it probably worked out for the best