Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
New book comes out Dec 6th. Anyone know when the audio book normally comes out in relation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

Audible says that, in this case, the audio book releases on the same day--December 6th.

It probably helps that the book has been ready to publish for months. The only reason they've held it to December is because the television show's second season wasn't going to be ready until January.

Awesome. I may need to have a refresher on the end of the last book before I start though.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Toast Museum posted:

I'm pretty sure the Forgotten Realms stuff with Drizzt and friends started that way too. I guess it makes sense. Having the setting largely worked out has to help, anyway.

The Drizzt novels were not based off of RPG characters, however the Chrystal Shard (first Drizzt book written) was originally going to have Wulfgar has the main character. He decided to switch to Drizzt as the main character about half way through writing the book.

The Chronicles Trilogy for Dragonlance was based off of people D&D characters. The character Raistlin was based off of a guy who showed up to the session in black robes talking all raspy and poo poo.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

^burtle posted:

I've read the first two novels and novella, was considering starting the third but I'm curious, do we know if there is a planned ending for this, or are we just in open universe (ala Star Wars EU) now?

The authors said they have known the ending for years. There will be 9 books total (6 as of now) and the last three are going to the same story arch, kinda an episode 1-2-3 type thing.

Here is the AMA https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5qb7py/hi_i_am_james_sa_corey_author_of_the_expanse_and/

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
It just came out last night 3am. I listen to them in the car so will take a couple weeks, it's 20hours long.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

Is the audio version unabridged?

I dont know. I only see one version of the book.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

Is the audio version unabridged?

I did find out the audio book on audible is unabridged.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

This is the correct response.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Where does Strange Dogs fit in the timeline? Trying to organize my books and didn't even know it existed.
Edit: I may have found the answer, looks like it's 6.5 so between last book and PR.

ClassH fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
I liked the 3rd book :( The 4th I think I mostly disliked because of the narrator of the audio book.