Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
I know, I was really disappointed too. I guess they release when it's midnight in California?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
drat, I was really hoping we'd find out what was going on with the Martians at Lacoste... and what was eating the ships going through the gates.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
I actually really liked Duarte's characterization, the authors did a fairly good job in Strange Dogs and the new book setting him up as a plausible potential undying Plato-ish philosopher king/tyrant. One of my few complaints is actually how little he appeared in the real meat of the story. I was hoping for a lot of personal intervention from him in Medina that demonstrated how this brilliant monster actually governed.

The other thing that rubbed me a little bit the wrong way was how quickly Earth and Mars surrendered. They lost a quarter of their fleet to one ship and then lost their sovereignty forever? I guess maybe the population of an entire solar system entering some fever state for a few minutes simultaneously might have a somewhat jarring effect though, so it's not *that* bad.