Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

lol Ty Franck began developing the world of The Expanse as an idea for a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. After a number of years the idea shifted to become the setting for a tabletop game. Abraham, who had already written several books on his own at this point, noticed the depth of the world that Franck had created and thought they should make a book series out of it: "People who write books don't do this much research."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

I've heard it wasn't a tabletop game, not initially. It was a play-by-post online RP game with Holden, Amos, Alex, Naomi and Shed all being player characters.

wow that's a lot better

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

The Expanse (2015– )
Trivia

The series title "The Expanse" is based on the large void that exists between the ears of the two writers.

69 of 69 found this interesting | Share this

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Phanatic posted:

Nothing better to do tonight then threadshit all over the place, huh? gently caress off.

I thought this thread would appreciate knowing some interesting facts.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Jew it to it! posted:

Given a choice, I would punch you in the throat. Unfortunately, that is not possible. I guess it isn't interesting enough.

You'd punch someone for posting a joke on a web site?