Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is the Let's Read The Expanse thread gonna reopen? It was a great read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

That's cool as hell. Sucks I missed out

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Judging from the "you have 5 years to live!" medical scan thing they prob are only doing a 5 year gap. That way theres no need to recast anything or even do any old person makeup stuff

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Horizon Burning posted:

a five-year time gap would be stupid and they might as well have just not done it. the thirty-year gap at least gives you a generation of laconian born people who have no connection to the sol system.

Sure its stupid but lol if you think showrunners are gonna give a poo poo about faceless extras and their connection to sol vs having to recast 90% of the show with old people.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Man some of these Naomi chapters in Tiamats Wrath are just a slog to get through. I dont remember them being nearly this boring in other books. I get that shes basically the only connection to the underground resistance left (outside of Bobbie and Alex doing fun things) but she really has nothing else to do but sit around and wish she was with Holden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Laconia already had colonists when the rogue Martians landed, right? Or is that just a TV show thing? Seems odd they didn't report the existence of the orbital construction platform back to Earth.