Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

I mean, I have technically sat in that model of truck. :v:

Just not that specific one.

So what you're saying full engine rebuilds should be accepted as a natural part of the internet car buying prices?? :v:

I seriously think buying a daily driver sight unseen is pretty stupid in most cases. Even for a brand New car I would still want to know what the seats feel like. That said, I fail to see how this new approach is any different than CarMax. CarMax is a mess in my opinion because 90% of the stock is the same booring poo poo box just in a different color and an extra price premium to own wait for that special econo turd in the perfect color to be delivered from halfway across the country. gently caress that model, I am flexible on the color and most options, I can wait until the right car comes available locally without the shipping fee. I don't believe "I want it now!" is a good thing in car buying, it's not like people buy new cars every other week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Car dealers remind me of Craigslist. Everyone prices there poo poo high because everyone, both buyers and sellers, want to play the stupid negotiation game. If you don't play the game and try to buy or sell poo poo honestly, you look shady as gently caress. Regardless of wether or not it's a good deal all that matters is being able to tell your friends "They wanted $X but I got it for $Y :smug:".

It's ingrained into our DNA and it aint going anywhere anytime soon.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

photomikey posted:

<snip>don't negotiate against myself. <snip>don't take offers over the phone (because there's nothing in it for you).

kastein posted:

When idiots ask me for my best price on craigslist I usually start adding to the list price.
Sound advice, but what do you when someone like Everdave sends you a text message ME NEED YOUR PREMIUM PRICE ON THE $900 TV ME HAVE $700 CASH 4 U RIGHT NOW!!!!

Personally, the last time I tried to deal with some Craisglist scum anxious to pay me full price (a fair price) the bitch brought her 300lb boyfriend to tell me how I was going to accept only half of else. . . I can't imagine how many times car salesmen have to put up with scum who come in with sob stories, no credit, or just plain expecting ridiculous deals because the dealer ALWAYS is out to get you and they need to take 40% off the price of else you've been had by another rear end in a top hat car salesman. . .

Just act like a normal person, offer a reasonable price for the car or walk, and accept the fact there will be taxes. . . Don't like the taxes, don't buy. Or gently caress it, go to walmart, grab a 99 cent candy bar and scream like a child when the clerk asks for $1.05 because of HIDDEN FEES.

No, I don't sale cars. I buy cars, from dealers, and I walk if the salesman is a joke. One local dealer keeps sending a flyer, every week "You have won a new car!!!" and their salesme, are scum. . . But the other dealers have been pretty decent.

• Locked thread