Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Wow, this thread is completely dead already. Did not expect that.

I just finished the game and really enjoyed it. Definitely best played in one hour doses, I pushed hard to finish today and can see how it would be tiresome for those who finished weeks ago. Also can't understand how it's physically possible to finish this weeks ago, but that's another story.

Great plot, great driving and shooting, great setting, nice graphics besides some weird lighting. I know the PC version was a turd but I don't understand why I'm in such a small minority in thinking it was great. Usually I'm much more picky than the average goon.

I liked it a lot, too. I think it was the unique setting that put it over the top for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
The plot and setting and art design and soundtrack and characters were all excellent it's just a shame there was so much filler. The game would have been a few hours long if it had just been the important bits i.e. the prologue, killing the lieutenants/capos, ending. If there had been more to do in the world itself like maybe helping out running the rackets that would have been a big help

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

On the plus side, the bar is so loving low, 3 hours of meaningful content out of each DLC pack will feel wildly varied.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I finally got around to finishing this (after 46 hours played so far) and I definitely didn't expect things to take the turn they did at the very end... kinda pissed though as Vito's "In Need a Favor" mission got screwed up after the briefing for the 4th target and I was never able to fix it, so I never saw the end of the quest and I wasn't about to start over at that point. Did it change anything at the end and help shed light on the driver? Guess I'll just look it up.

Going to put the game away for the next while, maybe if they ever get around to patching this like they say they are I'll give it another spin. As for the DLC, I'll be waiting for it to be very heavily discounted before I ever pick it up. Think I've sunk enough into this as it is.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I loved the setting but they just dropped the ball on nearly everything

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I finally got around to finishing this (after 46 hours played so far) and I definitely didn't expect things to take the turn they did at the very end... kinda pissed though as Vito's "In Need a Favor" mission got screwed up after the briefing for the 4th target and I was never able to fix it, so I never saw the end of the quest and I wasn't about to start over at that point. Did it change anything at the end and help shed light on the driver? Guess I'll just look it up.
Vito concludes that Joe is dead.

hand-fed baby bird
May 13, 2009
Am I being dumb or is there no way to listen to music outside of a car in this? With the inclusion of the radio as a mobile phone substitute it'd be nice to play some music while you're shooting up a warehouse for the fiftieth time.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land
Massive patch/Free DLC. They added the option to change clothing, and announced more free content; racing and car customization.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Update drops today. adds lincoln barbie, and improved car reflections that everybody was clamoring for, among other fixes.

https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/update-mafia-3-free-outfit-dlc-and-new-patch-available-today

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

How long are the optional missions in this game? Do they develop the characters in any way? I keep putting them off because of how far away they are. This game really needed a fast travel option.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
They're short, terrible, and more open world 100%-esque. No development, just go to location on map, do lovely task.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm noticing WAY less pop-in and smoother performance in general on PS4 post-patch.

Man, I really love this game. I'm aware I'm still in the beginning which is "the best part" but just the general feel of the game, the controls and such, and the soundtrack/setting/atmosphere, they're all so great.

Also nobody should ever use anything but Lincoln's faux-Black Panther outfit, it makes cutscenes a million times better.

This is also the first game like this where I prefer driving in first person, for some reason.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I see Mafia III has downloaded a 5.8GB patch so I don't know what they gently caress they're doing but I think this is the second gigantic patch to come out since the game came out a month ago. I'm currently engrossed with other games at the moment but maybe I'll give this another run though over the weekend or something.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I see Mafia III has downloaded a 5.8GB patch so I don't know what they gently caress they're doing but I think this is the second gigantic patch to come out since the game came out a month ago. I'm currently engrossed with other games at the moment but maybe I'll give this another run though over the weekend or something.
If only you could scroll up a few lines you'd see exactly what they did.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I watched the announcement video on Steam, something about Lincoln in full BDUs running around the streets seems really hilarious to me.

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I watched the announcement video on Steam, something about Lincoln in full BDUs running around the streets seems really hilarious to me.

This is me. I'm roleplaying a Lincoln that suffers from horrible PTSD and the bullet to the head sent him back to Vietnam.

I know it's well past Halloween but I wish they would have included a costume for Lincoln that was him as he was that night when he was shot, wound and everything.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I like the outfits. It's nice to be able to wear a suit again. :unsmith:

I'm slowly making my way through the game in little two-hour chunks every couple days. It really helps with the repetitiveness.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Ok, I'm finished after 35 hours. After a while I stopped bothering with side missions and 100%-ing district takeovers, because there's just too much filler in between the very very good and fun story missions. Overall, I had a good time, but the game doesn't need to be this long. Looking at this and Mafia II's 13 hours, which I thought was too short, I would've been happier with something in between.

Also, having silenced guns sooner would've helped. Once I got the silenced SMG and pistol combo the game became a lot more fun.

Also also, it was worth playing through II to properly appreciate Joe and Leo turning up in the ending. Donovan was just icing on the cake. :allears:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They fixed all the bugs and broken poo poo!

haha just kidding there's some paid DLC and car customizing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

There's no paid DLC yet aside from the preorder stuff.

• Locked thread