Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I could be wrong but this happens everywhere with any character. The AI in GTA5 is aggressive as gently caress for no reason. I wasn't being hyperbolic when I say that if you stand even remotely close to any person they just start attacking you. You don't even have to be looking in their direction. It's probably my least favorite part about GTA5, since the GTA4 was definitely not like that.

That doesn't sound like my experience at all. If you bump directly into them, sure, or if you're standing like an inch or less away from them. They'll also freak out if you start obviously following them. Nothing ever stood out as being unrealistic, in my opinion :shrug:

As for the thing with Franklin standing around in rich neighborhoods, when I heard the story it was Franklin standing around in the redneck countryside. But I think that's just people projecting or straight-up fabricating poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

The only thing that looked off-putting to me in all these videos were the police. That scene where Lincoln is fighting like over a dozen cops who seemed to have zero AI beyond "stand in-place and fire wildly out in the open until dead" looked really bad. Hopefully that footage was like alpha or something and they're still tweaking the AI because that poo poo looked worse than GTA V.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

rap music posted:

is this game gonna be good or nah

I dunno, but I'll crunch the numbers here and let's see... if you like the Mafia franchise and want another game that's probably going to mostly be more of the same but with a lot more action where you play as African-American John Rambo then yeah, I guess it'll be good.

The only thing I'm not liking is that the combat AI seems to be just as lovely as ever, maybe even moreso. But it's too soon to call there.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

None of the Mafia games have glorified the mafia

Yeah, I mean it's right in the first game. There's that poignant ending credits theme where they tell you where gangsters go when they die.

And I can tell you where they don't go...

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Word is that it's repetitive as gently caress, but the story missions are well written and good. Just a slog to get to.

So then it's just Mafia II again, but maybe with additional poo poo added on?

I'm fine with that, I'm just not excited for it. :shrug:

• Locked thread