Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Man by the end of Mafia 1 I was just takin the train to work every day and it was still a drag. Driving across town for every single mission got old quick. I would load up my own music during the train ride, so I was doing a goddamn commute in a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The "nightmare race" was patched to be less nightmarish after like the first week.

edit: Or was that The Saboteur? I think that game had a nightmare race too

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 6, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I remember GTAV actually has that sort of stuff too. It was a "pleasant surprise." As horrible as it is it was nice to see it actually "addressed" instead of just magically handwaved away.

What stuff? The AI is dirt simple in GTAV. If you stand next to anyone, anyone, for more than 10 seconds they just immediately try to kill you.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

apperently if you wander around in rich neighborhoods as franklin long enough, the NPCs will call 911 or if you stand near cops as franklin.

I could be wrong but this happens everywhere with any character. The AI in GTA5 is aggressive as gently caress for no reason. I wasn't being hyperbolic when I say that if you stand even remotely close to any person they just start attacking you. You don't even have to be looking in their direction. It's probably my least favorite part about GTA5, since the GTA4 was definitely not like that.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

King Vidiot posted:

That doesn't sound like my experience at all. If you bump directly into them, sure, or if you're standing like an inch or less away from them. They'll also freak out if you start obviously following them. Nothing ever stood out as being unrealistic, in my opinion :shrug:

Here's some video evidence of the aggressiveness I was describing.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Pro game previewer should be a profession. Like some sort of gaming samurai you can freelance for companies to show off their games to maximum effect. Like imagine if someone was previewing a Battlefield game and they were actually doing "Battlefield moments" live while playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm having trouble keeping track of all the Joe's. And one of these Joes might be the protagonists father?

• Locked thread