Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The fact that 2k dropped a serious review embargo coupled with how hard they're pushing this game everywhere else (commercials, email blasts, Internet ads, youtube) makes me think they know they have a buggy pile of poo poo on their hands and are trying to get as many early buys frontloaded before reviews/word-of-mouth kills sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The Mafia series has suffered from problems in the past, but they've been inconsistent problems. Mafia 1 had crummy graphics and some pretty lovely AI (even for back then), while Mafia 2 was just cut to ribbons to sell DLC, and some platforms got buggy releases. That's why it's hard to say exactly what could be wrong with 3, but no studio puts an embargo that hard in place without a seriously good reason. Especially 2k, who are usually really good about getting review copies out, which just makes it more suspicious.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this and its a crime story that for once isnt sucking off the Mafia and acting like they are these honorable thieves who helped the oppressed and family and stupid poo poo like that. they were a bunch of stupid sociopathic monsters, just watch the goodfellas. If i can go BJ Blaskowitz on some dumb Goomba adulterious murderous gently caress and their klansmen friends. thats a + in my book

None of the Mafia games have glorified the mafia

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Nemesis would be a lot better in this than mordor. But I'm one of those weirdos who thought mordor sucked.

Mordor sucked bad real bad in almost every aspect except the Nemesis system which is so good it makes the game worth playing regardless

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Bought it against my better judgement and hard crashed 3 times before I could even get through the tutorial opening, one so bad I had to restart my comp. Welp this is why Steam has refunds I guess :shrug:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Kontradaz posted:

Hey man, crashes are just part of PC gaming - why do you expect the devs to have a game that runs without crashes on every spec? It's impossible. 2K tried their best :(

The best part about when devs release dumpster-fire-quality ports is how utterly baffled they are that people don't like their flaming dumpster

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

tap my mountain posted:

PC gamers are insufferable

Wanting to play a game longer than 30 minutes without having to hard restart = insufferable, gotcha

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

xPanda posted:

Don't know why people are complaining about framerate locks when the keyboard controls are completely screwed.

First of all there seems to be some sort of Destiny-/No Man's Sky-esque delay between pressing a key and the game noticing it. Not lag, but ignoring the first fraction of a second of input. Means you can't do fine movements when driving or walking.

Second of all is that there seems to be some kind of shonky buffer for input that doesn't clear when you release a key. In the first mission I was wondering why the hell Lincoln was walking forwards and not stopping even though I wasn't pressing any keys. Lincoln continued on forwards and even lurched to the right twice before walking in reverse, and finally stopping. I realised that the lurches to the right were me trying to get into cover several seconds ago, and the walking backwards was me trying to apply the brakes to Lincoln. Didn't work. This behaviour also leads to Lincoln, when driving, running into the back of something then reversing into something else as the message to the brakes gets there late. Unbelievable.

Anyone else getting this on keyboard? Really not interested in using a controller.

I wasn't able to play it long enough to notice

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Hahaha 2k totally knew this game was gonna be a flaming trainwreck at launch

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

What? I think this game could be one of the best of the year. It's really excellent and brings a lot of nice new touches to the genre.

I was a little bit worried about it getting samey like some people complained but then there was the amusement park and everything kicked back into high gear.

p.s. oh there are PC port issues? Running great on PS4 (not trying to sound smug)

It might be a fantastic game, but since I couldn't play it for longer than 20ish minutes without it making GBS threads the bed I never got to find out.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The pissing sound doesn't turn off. I just saw some guy come out of a jazz club bathroom and he was still making the sound. Followed him out onto the street and it persisted. The polish on the game is Mafia quality indeed.

The patch notes for this game are gonna be amazing

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

'Witcher 3 style dlc' seems like it's actually just releasing content that should have been in M3's actual release had they not rushed a dated half-finished port out the door. Might as well have tagged the thing with Early Access.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Kontradaz posted:

I got lucky, I literally had one CTD and thats's probs because i tried plugging into tv mid game. Start to finish no other crashes.

Are you a witch cause that poo poo is astounding to me

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Why on earth didn't they just release this as Early Access?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

There is no legal reason to not include the KKK in this game. People write/film/etc poo poo that includes the klan all the time and the most that ever happened was a splinter klan group writing an angry letter to Mad Magazine back in, like, the 70s (Mad told them to gently caress off). I think some got upset at Oh Brother Where Art Thou but again they weren't dumb enough to file a lawsuit they would absolutely lose. Like so much else wrong with this game the answer boils down more to 'the publishers are dumb.'

• Locked thread