Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Oh hey cool someone made a thread for the game I'm working on. Hi everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Dandywalken posted:

This word means 'Eggplant' in Italian. Again, this word means 'Eggplant'.

It's a True Romance joke! (please see this movie, it's real good)

quote:

Didn't a large chunk of the Mafia team move on to do Kingdom Come?

I think some of them did, I know some of them didn't. We still have a fair-sized contingent of people in Brno and a bunch of the Prague guys came to the US, which we really appreciate.

quote:

What is you role? What can you tell us about the studio, since it is a new one, who has come on board for the project?
I'm a world designer (like a level designer but for open-world activities), and I can't say much useful about the studio that you couldn't already find online, except the fact that we have a bunch of the ex-2K Marin people on board as well.

There was something a page or so about the physics or whatever - it's a completely in-house engine, we use some middleware but it's not sharing code with any other 2K title (that I know of). It has ancestry from the Mafia 2 engine, but family trees in game engines are misleading at best and useless at worst.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

Utnayan posted:

With that said, considering what they did to Mafia 2, I see this and it concerns me that they are going to gut it once again for DLC.

Time will tell if those story DLC's would have made impact on the main story once we play the full release, or if they are completely separate missions that do not impact anything. Either way, knowing they already have storyboards and layouts/information/titles done, it's a good bet this poo poo was cut from the game and is being repackaged like Mafia 2's DLC content.

I can personally verify that all the paid DLC for Mafia 3 that I know of is original content that was never slated to appear in the main storyline or game.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

There are currently a BUNCH of prerelease streams up on Twitch and Youtube, if anyone's interested in spoilers :ssh:

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

It's great to see people enjoying the game :)
As far as the PC version goes - I was just as surprised as everyone else to learn about the 30fps lock. Guess some people high up in the studio or publishing decided it wasn't a priority. Nobody ever mentioned it to the studio at large.
I have no useful information on the ETA of the patch to the public, but I've played the patch build here at the office, so it is real and working.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

quote:

The thing I wish that was available as a low to mid level favour is having someone pick up all the fuses in a district once you take it over. I don't mind going hunting for the other collectibles myself but three are so many fuses!
Uh, sorry. I placed all those. But the good news is that you don't have to pick up all of them! You can wiretap every district in the game while collecting less than half the fuses in each district, and we don't track the fuses for any progress meter or achievement, so feel free to stop picking them up any time you like.

quote:

The game prompted me to switch from Normal to Simulation driving, so I did. What difference does it make? I can't tell at all.
Simulation driving basically turns off the helper forces applied to the car if it starts moving in a direction other than what you're trying to steer it in - prevents it from fishtailing so much, spinning out, and doing other 'loss of control' type things. You may like it, you may not.

quote:

Is there any downside to giving one of the rackets in a district to a boss other than the one you're going to give the district to? I was going to give this district to Cassandra but I wanted a favor better than a marker for the second racket, but I don't know if the other boss will get pissed later.
Yes, they'll get quite angry at you if you give them a hideout and then gently caress them over on the district. Try to keep your bosses happy... or don't. There are meaningful results either way.

quote:

Is there any way to drive a forklift outside of a underboss killing mission? Two times now I've stormed a warehouse thinking "after I kill all these dudes, I want to drive that forklift" and once the mission is over, the forklift disappears. I know it's possible to drive them because I see the action button pop up.
Yep. Drive around Tickfaw Harbor and you'll find a few. Can't move the forks (I know, I'm equally sad about it) but it's a fun little thingy to drive!

quote:

Is there any significance in the main mission stories having different colors? Or is it just a style thing?
Usually the color denotes the underboss who has the biggest stake in the mission - Green for Burke, Blue for Vito, Purple for Cassandra. No actual mechanical effect, though.

edit: :synpa:

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Why can't Lincoln climb onto shore? I'm sick of being killed by Gauss m gators because he refuses to walk up the shore.

Because we don't have Doom 2016's super-cool voodoo-based procedural mantling system (seriously holy poo poo that is the most impressive thing about that game), sorry.

Afraid of Audio posted:

i really wish more of the racket takeovers were modeled like the southern union's where you have a set piece objective that does a ton of damage to the racket rather than just goin around roughin up mafiosos

AFAIK most of them do have a setpiece, like destroying the crane in the construction site or blowing up the garbage dump - you just need to interrogate Informants to find out where it is, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

aaaa doublepost

• Locked thread