Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm beginning to think the creators of this game have never played a video game, let alone made one. the timeline flashing all over the place and constant cutscenes and gameplay flashing in and out and loving tailing missions. what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What i don't get is that take-two owns rockstar, take-two owns 2k. They're paying for both games to be made, why wouldn't they at least license the rage engine from themselves, and have an easy starting point to build the game around? Why would they build Mafia 3 as a layer over saints row 2.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The studio has only been around for 21 months, i think it's quite obvious what happened.

They were formed, and inherited a half-finished xbox 360 game. They then spent 7 months building a story around free-roam missions, and the next 12 months smoking weed on the company dime.

That explains why all the buildings and roads and physics and stuff are absolute garbage. The map and engine was built by a previous team for an xbox 360 gen game and pulled out of the trash and pasted together for this release.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

The driving physics kind of remind me of gta iv, which is a good thing. I dunno why everything looks like vaseline is smeared on it, but there's a great game underneath it.

The driving physics on flat smooth road are fine, but as soon as you touch something or hit a bump or something it all goes to trash.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This game is broken in hilarious ways.

I was rescuing the one dude from the lighthouse, and after fighting through the guys there was a boat, so i figured i would take the boat and it triggered a side mission for one of the under-bosses. so the clock is still ticking on the rescue mission, but now i'm doing the weed delviery. i get that done, and the dude i'm rescuing pops up beside me so i order a car and drive him to the marker, but it won't activate, it's still saying i have to rescue him. time runs out, i restart, and now i'm stuck with him and his car inside a garage. i would imagine you're supposed to open it from the outside and then get in the car, but i didn't do that so now i'm hosed i guess.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i walked into a store trying to get to an event in the back alley, and it said i was tresspassing, then the clerk said he store was whites only and told me to get out. thats when i murdered all those white people. that gave some life to the world, but it was an accident and 99% of people have no reason to go into that store.

Also, no hyperbole, police chases in this game are the most unfun thing ever. Less fun than kidney stones.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

This is really disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixlszwKVVP0

Did they spend all their development time convincing legal to let them say "friend of the family" a bunch of times?

Hah, the mirrors even wok in mafia II.

Mafia III: Just play Mafia II

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Once you have the accuracy and ammo upgrades on the pistol, and the silenced pistol, you can basically snipe anybody within your range of vision with it, and as long as nobody is looking at them, it doesn't send you into combat.

on the construction site mission, you can basically stand in 1 or 2 spots and snipe everybody from an insane range with the silenced pistol.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Figured as much, just wondering if I am like 25% complete or closer to 50.

there are 2 rackets to take over in each territory, and then 1 or 2 story missions, and then 2 more story missions at the very end of the game, so basically, your percentage complete is the number of territories owned. It's very formulaic and repetative.

i finished it. kinda dumb that they throw the n-word around, but can't say KKK. Still, the best part of the game was going to the not-KKK rally and tossing a grenade into the crowd of those fuckers, even though you're only supposed to kill the 7 ot 8 armed baddies

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I think the truck delivery mission is one of my favorites. Though i'm one of those people who enjoyed truck simulator. It's fun to back the trailer into the spot. It seems like once the mission ends, you can't drive the truck anymore. I wish I could drive a semi truck all the time.

they are always parked at the shipyards, there are cabovers too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

apparently you get absolutely loving nothing for getting all the magazines. For getting all the records and vargas paintings you get absolutely loving nothing, and even more nothing

Also, don't install the supercharger upgrade on your cars. it adds a fake rear end blower whine that's basically just a really high pitched squeal at full throttle. if you have bad hearing and your dog is losing his loving mind when you play mafia 3, that's probably why.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Achievements aren't a thing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The super armored car also gets super hosed by a single grenade.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Wow, this thread is completely dead already. Did not expect that.

I just finished the game and really enjoyed it. Definitely best played in one hour doses, I pushed hard to finish today and can see how it would be tiresome for those who finished weeks ago. Also can't understand how it's physically possible to finish this weeks ago, but that's another story.

Great plot, great driving and shooting, great setting, nice graphics besides some weird lighting. I know the PC version was a turd but I don't understand why I'm in such a small minority in thinking it was great. Usually I'm much more picky than the average goon.

There's no reason whatsoever to replay it, there's absolutely nothing to do outside of the repetitive main story missions. Once you're done, you're done. There's nothing to flesh out story wise either, it's pretty straight forward, guy gets angry, guy gets revenge, maybe that bald guy was joe.

It's also currently in that period where there's a huge gap between what it's worth and what the price is. The thread will probably pick back up when it's $20 on steam during the christmas sale, but until then i think everybody is done with it, either through completion or frustration.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

On the plus side, the bar is so loving low, 3 hours of meaningful content out of each DLC pack will feel wildly varied.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Update drops today. adds lincoln barbie, and improved car reflections that everybody was clamoring for, among other fixes.

https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/update-mafia-3-free-outfit-dlc-and-new-patch-available-today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They fixed all the bugs and broken poo poo!

haha just kidding there's some paid DLC and car customizing now.

• Locked thread