Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Is there any gameplay reason to get the collectibles? Also do the shops actually do anything?

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Go for it. The gunplay is good, the main gameplay loop is rinse and repeat gunplay (which if you like enough is a good thing), and there are lots more to the titty magazines this time around. You can actually read interviews they had with key figures of the time and it's actually loving awesome.

Since it's been mentioned, are the playboy magazines excerpts from real issues with regards to the ones that have interviews in them or are they about the fictionalised parts of the game world?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
There's an achievement on Xbox, and everything else I assume, if you get a kill within 2 seconds of kicking a door in. With the rackets is it just a case of deciding if you want to keep everyone happy but have the weaker favours or sacrifice one ally to get better stuff from the others? I'll probably just try to keep everybody on board.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
The thing I wish that was available as a low to mid level favour is having someone pick up all the fuses in a district once you take it over. I don't mind going hunting for the other collectibles myself but three are so many fuses!

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

mystic pimp posted:

Is there any downside to giving one of the rackets in a district to a boss other than the one you're going to give the district to? I was going to give this district to Cassandra but I wanted a favor better than a marker for the second racket, but I don't know if the other boss will get pissed later.

When you choose which underboss takes the district they take the rackets over which upsets the person you first gave it to and at least some favours get removed. I don't know how much damage it does or if each boss has a different breaking point but Burke and particularly Cassandra got very upset when I gave the first new district to Vito after they had the rackets.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
What do the missions at the underboss' HQs do for you? Do they increase they boss' loyalty and kickbacks, do you get the actual take increased for more favour?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

How do I get to start the pick up the airdrop weed missions? I have a map marker, and a guy to talk to, but getting a boat doesn't do anything.

The actual mission is in the bijou

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I found that if the kill mission has them in the little sports cars you can roll up behind them at take them out with one shotgun blast.

Did anyone else feel a little bit of sympathy for Olivia Marcano? She seemed more like she was just massively naive and foolish than evil. Unlike her husband who really got what was coming to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

spooky like this! posted:

I don't get why they made up a fake Klan and then spend all the time introducing it mentioning the real Klan and saying how they're pretty much exactly the same.

Louisiana is predominantly Catholic, Klan is a Protestant group.

• Locked thread