Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

As I recall, originally they had multiple endings for Mafia 2, but everyone agreed that one of them was the "best" ending, so that's the one they kept for the actual game.

Seriously, though, there's some alternate universe out there where Mafia 2 is this incredibly immersive sandbox experience full of minigames and activities and multiple endings and it's just kinda depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

There are also people calling Luke Cage a racist show, because a story that takes place in Harlem doesn't have enough white people in it.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

I did not know! Thought this was a first. It's a nice detail, whenever it's used.

Uncharted 4 does it as well. It's still a newer feature, but like you said, it's a really appreciated one.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah, apperently they will be added in either free dlc or game updates. the only paid ones will be the expansion packs.

this. i kinda wanted some vietnam gamplay. maybe as a combat tutorial. but the games prologue was loving great so i don't mind.

anyway. id give the game an 8.5 so far.

One of the paid DLCs coming out is explicitly a Vietnam mission with Clay and Donovan.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

That girl wasn't even named Lindsay Lohan and she still tried to sue them. If 2K had actually named the group "Ku Klux Klan" and treated them as evil villains (no matter how true it would be), they would most definitely be taken to court. I don't see what the big deal is. There's a group of racist rednecks and you get to kill them, why complain about the name?

It's actually a pretty smart double bluff, even. They include an organization full of murderous evil redneck assholes, but then also namecheck the KKK as a separate group, so that any lawsuit would involve the KKK having to prove that they have more in common with the group of evil redneck assholes than with the actual named KKK in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

There is no legal reason to not include the KKK in this game. People write/film/etc poo poo that includes the klan all the time and the most that ever happened was a splinter klan group writing an angry letter to Mad Magazine back in, like, the 70s (Mad told them to gently caress off). I think some got upset at Oh Brother Where Art Thou but again they weren't dumb enough to file a lawsuit they would absolutely lose. Like so much else wrong with this game the answer boils down more to 'the publishers are dumb.'

Nah.

• Locked thread