Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

:gas:

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What kind of discussion were they expecting?

the kinda good poo poo you are bringin to this thread mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anyway, let's get back on topic. Any epic clips from the twitch streams today.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

by the numbers? By what numbers? Reality? Other games?

"Pssh ANOTHER hyper detailed fictional recreation of an actual city? I'm really getting sick of playing all these ultra realistic simulation games"

Is your argument that they look TOO good? I truly don't understand

That's not what the phrase means, even tho I get what you're saying.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Born out of love, my first saints row playthrough in 10 years

Soral
May 30, 2009

What kind of discussion were they expecting?

why would you ruin this thread with your garbage posting on it's most important day, the 10th anniversary of saints row. you should be ashamed

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I sincerely apologize. Here is my penance:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I sincerely apologize. Here is my penance:

I wish Nintendo would just partner with Steam and somehow just become a PC game developer. I can dream :allears:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
:stonk:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

This is entirely on you. If you actually bothered to look around, you would have seen an insane amount of personality and details in practically every square inch of Los Santos. There is a staggeringly, mindblowingly huge amount of little touches everywhere. Labor of love is the only way you could describe it. For instance, the block that Franklin lives on is just chock full of poo poo. I'm not even sure why I brought up that specific block because every single block is that like that.

The like-for-like recreation of the city of Los Angeles with piss and poo poo jokes thrown in could only be done by someone who feels truly passionate about recreating city blocks with piss and poo poo jokes in them.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGcdYB8vF_c

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Die!!!!!!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

In Training posted:

Anyway, let's get back on topic. Any epic clips from the twitch streams today.
it'll probably be on youtube soon-ish but some highlights off the top of my head

• playing through two early saints row 1 builds where the framerate was just the pits and they had to keep enabling "ugly mode" to keep it playable
  • stories about working with a dutch art outsourcing studio that did many of stilwater's buildings
  • many, many horrible/wonderful bugs
  • stories about having to assign a tester to search every art asset to make sure no additional beastiality jokes got snuck in
  • ragdoll physics test video from a very early ps2-based prototype of the game called "bling bling"
  • reciting the dialogue in the opening cutscene from memory since voiceovers often weren't playing. "watches! i got watches here!"
  • a bizarre video of someone (apparently a mocap actor) standing in an empty warehouse miming a bunch of the taunt animations for purposes lost to time
  • impressively cringeworthy footage of thq's aging white ceo brian farrell trying to rap

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Kins posted:

it'll probably be on youtube soon-ish but some highlights off the top of my head

• playing through two early saints row 1 builds where the framerate was just the pits and they had to keep enabling "ugly mode" to keep it playable
  • stories about working with a dutch art outsourcing studio that did many of stilwater's buildings
  • stories about having to assign a tester to search every art asset to make sure no additional beastiality jokes got snuck in
  • ragdoll physics test video from a very early ps2-based prototype of the game called "bling bling"
  • reciting the dialogue in the opening cutscene from memory since voiceovers often weren't playing. "watches! i got watches here!"
  • a bizarre video of someone (apparently a mocap actor) standing in an empty warehouse miming a bunch of the taunt animations for purposes lost to time
  • impressively cringeworthy footage of thq's aging white ceo brian farrell trying to rap

Did they show the blowjob video?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

idolninja continues to obscure the truth

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Kins posted:

what lmao

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Homework Explainer posted:

The like-for-like recreation of the city of Los Angeles with piss and poo poo jokes thrown in could only be done by someone who feels truly passionate about recreating city blocks with piss and poo poo jokes in them.

You're absolutely right. Personally I don't like poo poo and piss jokes which is why my favorite game is Saints Row 2, a game that is completely without poo poo and/or piss jokes.

This would be awesome and you loving know it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

You're absolutely right. Personally I don't like poo poo and piss jokes which is why my favorite game is Saints Row 2, a game that is completely without poo poo and/or piss jokes.

your insane

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

playing mario 3d world on a pc with a mouse and keyboard

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
No with an Xbox 360 controller like God intended

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

:chloe:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I wish Nintendo would just partner with Steam and somehow just become a PC game developer. I can dream :allears:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Kins posted:

Lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

by the numbers? By what numbers? Reality? Other games?

"Pssh ANOTHER hyper detailed fictional recreation of an actual city? I'm really getting sick of playing all these ultra realistic simulation games"

Is your argument that they look TOO good? I truly don't understand

Please do not post here any more. Well actually it's okay if you post more but it has to not be this insanely homo Games style bullshit that pisses everyone off

Soral
May 30, 2009

whats everyones favourite saints row voice? mine is probably robin atkin downes. i used his in every game since sr2

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I like the Latina voice in 2 and 3 and was insanely pissed when it wasn't in 4

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I like the Latina voice in 2 and 3 and was insanely pissed when it wasn't in 4

Same. iBuen trabajo!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know if it's that guy's just been lurking or there's no Games thread for this stuff or what but it's kind of epic that this discussion about open world maps is what that guy just couldn't not chime in about. lol

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Well of course not. Saints Row 2 is full of serious poo poo and/or piss business. :colbert:

quote:

Don't make me agree with you.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Well of course not. Saints Row 2 is full of serious poo poo and/or piss business. :colbert:

Don't make me agree with you.

This guy ftw.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Vince McMahon Intrigued

Let's go to Mars

More intrigued Vince face

Vince falls out of his chair in astonishment and win overload.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Vince McMahon Intrigued

Let's go to Mars

More intrigued Vince face

Vince falls out of his chair in astonishment and win overload.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

In Training posted:

Realism is boring

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The gang chauffeur service is the single greatest innovation in open world game design history. Thanks, Saints Row. :patriot:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rediscover posted:

Please do not post here any more. Well actually it's okay if you post more but it has to not be this insanely homo Games style bullshit that pisses everyone off
Actually, he sucks in Games, as well.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

https://youtu.be/G1PebT5LC30

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Mods lets get some probations going for solid snake guy if he posts about game design again in here, and lets get one for knuc if you buck just to be safe as well.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

they showed the mocap studio it was done in and possibly the actor who performed it. I have my suspicions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

they showed the mocap studio it was done in and possibly the actor who performed it. I have my suspicions.

Oh good lord. I hope it's included in the grand finale

• Locked thread