Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Mods lets get some probations going for solid snake guy if he posts about game design again in here, and lets get one for knuc if you buck just to be safe as well.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Wow I didn't think expressing a not-even-controversial opinion would get people so riled up. Maybe chill the gently caress out guys? Not that serious? Just a game? etc? Something something thought police. Hugbox. Gat would be ashamed at you pussies.

Chill!

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 30, 2016

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
SolidSnakesBandana hosed around with this message at Aug 30, 2016 around 14:48

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Wow I didn't think expressing a not-even-controversial opinion would get people so riled up. Maybe chill the gently caress out guys? Not that serious? Just a game? etc? Something something thought police. Hugbox. Gat would be ashamed at you pussies.

Chill!

infinite retard

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Chill!

gently caress you say?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

gently caress you say?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Guys, stop fighting, you're all making this thread worse.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Who's fighting?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the digital garage in sr2 and on where cars just get teleported to an endless garage and you can summon them whenever is so good. in sr4 you could just push a button while in a car and you just downloaded it to your garage lmao

playing gta5, a game made several years afterward you still had limited garages you had to park in perfectly to save cars, couldnt summon them until you unlocked some lategame ability etc. it was dumb as gently caress. had to manually take them to pay and spray for repairs too just ???

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

the digital garage in sr2 and on where cars just get teleported to an endless garage and you can summon them whenever is so good. in sr4 you could just push a button while in a car and you just downloaded it to your garage lmao

playing gta5, a game made several years afterward you still had limited garages you had to park in perfectly to save cars, couldnt summon them until you unlocked some lategame ability etc. it was dumb as gently caress. had to manually take them to pay and spray for repairs too just ???
I finished GTAV and I never worked out how to store cars or how garages worked. Occasionally I got a popup telling me my car had been impounded and I had to go to a certain place to get it back but either this was never actually true or they were referring to some other random car that I sat in once 4 hours previously

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

In 1 you could steal a bank truck, put it in your garage, take it back out, blow it up to get the money inside, then go get a new one from your garage and repeat

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
somber reflections on couchy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0XIHjNKB4Y

somber reflections on the sr2 pc port: i remember seeing some reviews etc. of that port when it came out and they were all in fullbright mode in a desperate attempt to make it work better

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

In 1 you could steal a bank truck, put it in your garage, take it back out, blow it up to get the money inside, then go get a new one from your garage and repeat

this owns

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I finished GTAV and I never worked out how to store cars or how garages worked. Occasionally I got a popup telling me my car had been impounded and I had to go to a certain place to get it back but either this was never actually true or they were referring to some other random car that I sat in once 4 hours previously

Each character has their own specific car they own lol

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

The Kins posted:

somber reflections on the sr2 pc port: i remember seeing some reviews etc. of that port when it came out and they were all in fullbright mode in a desperate attempt to make it work better

The game isn't supposed to look like that?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Each character has their own specific car they own lol
so what exactly is being impounded? their car is always there

also it's insanely stupid that you can't change said car but I'm gonna stop talking about GTA in the thread about the superior series

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Saints Row, bitches.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chill!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

codenameFANGIO posted:

Saints Row, bitches.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Something something thought police. Hugbox. Gat would be ashamed at you pussies.

Chill!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

"When did we trade in our dicks for pussies?!"

-Johnny Gat

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
from today's volition stream

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

One Man Trash posted:

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

One Man Trash posted:

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Mods lets get some probations going for solid snake guy if he posts about game design again in here, and lets get one for knuc if you buck just to be safe as well.

gently caress you, oval office. I really wanted to talk about Gat Out of Hell, but didn't out of respect for the rules in the op.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

gently caress you, oval office. I really wanted to talk about Gat Out of Hell, but didn't out of respect for the rules in the op.
Gat Out of Hell is drat good fun. Call me in as a "homie" to this "beef " any day.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

codenameFANGIO posted:

"When did we trade in our dicks for pussies?!"

-Johnny Gat

REBOOT IS IMMINENT

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

you may as well now that this thread has been so thriughly manured on.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

you may as well now that this thread has been so thriughly manured on.

im very sorry

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Anything else of note happen for the SR2 stream? I missed it.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lmao knuc got probated for posting about having sex in yospos

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

lmao knuc got probated for posting about having sex in yospos

That's rich coming from you, mate.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mikedawson posted:

Anything else of note happen for the SR2 stream? I missed it.
  • "saints row 2: alex mejia edition" - a debug build of the game that loads from loose files instead of nice optimized pack files (meaning that it takes 10 mins to load and the framerate hitches like a motherfucker on 360) so that they could swap the player character out for gat in one cutscene to get a specific shot for the flashback fmvs in sr4
  • the sinister truth behind "the merman"... sort of
  • discussion of a technically-complex easter egg that you only see if you own all the stores, which nobody ever did (your character appears on billboards!)
  • discussion and reminiscence about couchy the bugged sofa homie and other injokes, easter eggs and things cut from the game
  • the mall was designed by one artist. it looks pretty nice! but thq legal wouldn't let him add a jewellery store called "JEWELLERY"
  • "it wasn't until sr3 that we decided that we wanted to have good controls"
  • never-before-seen concept art for cut gangs like mods, punker military and mimes/sad clowns
  • REALLY early, more-broken-than-usual version of the pc port!
  • further love for idolninja's modding goodness, stories of the pc port's development - "we FOUND the bugs, we had no control over which bugs got FIXED"
  • idolninja showed off a slider-unlimiter mod he tried to make while hosed up on painkillers. hilarity ensured - "painkillers and math just don't work!"
  • official mod support for sr4 is finally almost done - all that's left is support for adding custom female clothing and for qa to do their thing. it's taken so long because it's all been done in their spare time

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That's rich coming from you, mate.

wow dude totally wasnt trying to neg but alright... Alright.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The your dude appearing on billboards thing is definitely in the game wtf

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/kaceytron/CuriousTroutNinjaTroll

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

What does this have to do with Saint's Row?

Also I was one of the guys who bought every store in the game in my first playthrough. It meant more money and power to me.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao ahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmfao ahahaha

Also, I don't get it? I'm glad that she, someone who isn't black, avoided using the n-word.

• Locked thread