Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Xarn posted:

Got through all the videos and goddamn, you really play an incompetent god. :v: What is wrong with your mouse?

It's cheap, jeez!

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Yes, LizWiz, we know that methmouse is cheap and good for a quick thrill. But really, this is becoming less thrilling and more addictive every day.

That's why we are all here to stage an intervention....

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It wasn't a problem during known good game Freedom Force, so I'm gonna go ahead and blame Molyneux.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

so I'm gonna go ahead and blame Molyneux.
From all I've heard over the years this is always correct for his games. Peter Molyneux is an ideas man constantly undermined by his incompetence at actually implementing them.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

It wasn't a problem during known good game Freedom Force, so I'm gonna go ahead and blame Molyneux.
Maybe your mouse is just opposite alignment from your divine self.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

ikanreed posted:

This game's controls have always been poo poo. It gets worse when you need to start casting miracles the hard way.

Admittedly some miracles are kinda crapshoot (although they get better as you figure out how much leeway you have in drawing), but our god has trouble just holding RMB. :v:

Bit more seriously, I had those problems with my trusty MX518 once and after replacing the trigger underneath the faulty button, it has worked ever since.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Poil posted:

Maybe your mouse is just opposite alignment from your divine self.

Clearly I'm far too sinister for a right-handed mouse.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pardon our evil dust! No update today.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Clearly I'm far too sinister for a right-handed mouse.

I regret that I got that joke.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Caveo manus sinistris.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

BurningStone posted:

I regret that I got that joke.
As a southpaw, I'm sort of obligated to get those kinds of jokes.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

LogicalFallacy posted:

Truly no group is as persecuted as the left-handed.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

LogicalFallacy posted:

:same:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Episode 6: The Real Black & White Starts Here

Loco hates this.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Kind of surprised that you were watering the trees instead of raiding that big forest on the mountain; it might not replenish, but you can still get a lot of wood out of it before it runs out.

As for Wonders, I'll hold off until one is actually built.

I also hope you get an artifact cooking soon, those things take a while to charge up and they're quite important.

Oh, and I'm assuming you're using one of the later patches so it shouldn't come up, but when the game first came out, and for quite a while after, one of the bugs was that every new worshiper arriving at the site would promptly eat all of the stored food. All of it. Even if you dumped something like 500k food there, the next person arriving at the site would gobble the lot of it up in one go. Annoying, to say the least.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Unoriginal One posted:

Kind of surprised that you were watering the trees instead of raiding that big forest on the mountain; it might not replenish, but you can still get a lot of wood out of it before it runs out.

What, the pine forest? Pine trees actually give a pretty underwhelming amount of wood.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
There's still a lot of them! And also it's been something like 15 years since I've played and a bit longer than that since I bothered using trees as a wood source so I may have forgotten if there was a difference between free-standing trees and the thick forest types.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Nevermind.
Sorry.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 7, 2016

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

welp

double nine fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 7, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

By all means, please assume that I show no other gameplay off in future videos.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Lizard Wizard posted:

What, the pine forest? Pine trees actually give a pretty underwhelming amount of wood.

Types of trees give different amounts of wood, not just the size of the tree? :vince:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
It's good to know mine isn't the only thread constantly clamoring for warcrimes to happen.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
E: Welp, that was pointless to look up.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 8, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ashsaber posted:

So, apparently there's a glitch in the game (I don't know if its been patched out, or what) which makes the food and wood miracles much more useful. Apparently if you tap the button rather than hold it the miracles will give thousands of their resource, rather than the regular amount. Might be useful to rig up an autoclicker.

It was patched out.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can you toss the beach ball at the other village until they learn to worship you?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Scalding Coffee posted:

Can you toss the beach ball at the other village until they learn to worship you?

Probably. But that's not exactly viable for reasons we'll touch on when we get to impressin'.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

Probably. But that's not exactly viable for reasons we'll touch on when we get to impressin'.

And when you do i can finally make the posts. :argh:

Who thought I was kidding when I said three hours of tutorial?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Did they ever fix the bug where food randomly gets entirely eaten by one person at the worship site

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Yes.

And if memory serves, it took them longer to patch that than it did for them to fix the multi-click food/water exploit.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm remembering why I gave up this game at the second land. You seemed to be constantly collecting wood for construction and dropping scaffolds, and still Kazaa and the good helper kept pissing in your ear to build more.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

davidspackage posted:

I'm remembering why I gave up this game at the second land. You seemed to be constantly collecting wood for construction and dropping scaffolds, and still Kazaa and the good helper kept pissing in your ear to build more.

Yeah, it takes a bit, but once you ramp up to a good population you're pretty good for miracle power, especially since you can spare a few warm bodies to drop into the bonfire.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I actually almost deforested this island by setting up disciples to harvest wood.

Not that I cared, because by that time I had miracle (wood) economy going on anyway :v:.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Teaching my creature the wood miracle was the best thing I did in this game. Just sit back and have him help build everything.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Nice piece of fish posted:

Cool. Windows 10 is unfortunately uniquely terrible for playing older games, which is a shame because now that I'm a crotchety old bastard I've developed the opinion that only old games are good. Cannot get Arcanum working for the life of me, nor Demise.

tried GoG?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Even the mighty GoG has added a disclaimer for Win10, when it comes to getting older games to run on that crap OS.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The real answer is install Windows 7, you rube.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's good to know mine isn't the only thread constantly clamoring for warcrimes to happen.

Although in Lizard Wizard's case is less stompy robot Justice Foot and more Terry Gilliam Monty Python stompy foot (with fart noise).

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

"Drop a fireball on a rock, throw the rock" is only beginner level strat. The real pro strat s "drop a fireball on a pile of rocks so you have a bunch of projectiles that keep themselves hot, throw those." :eng101:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

MechaCrash posted:

"Drop a fireball on a rock, throw the rock" is only beginner level strat. The real pro strat s "drop a fireball on a pile of rocks so you have a bunch of projectiles that keep themselves hot, throw those." :eng101:

You are all horrible people. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

MechaCrash posted:

Can you have flaming poo poo?

• Locked thread