Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Agents are GO! posted:

Modding the nexus itself, very meta.

Now just to get a pair of tits on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

Now just to get a pair of tits on it.

Erect penis for upvote, flaccid penis for downvote.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

pseudorandom name posted:

Erect penis for upvote, flaccid penis for downvote.

Skyrim Modding: Erect penis for upvote, flaccid penis for downvote.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
wild that we live in a post Schlongs of Skyrim Era.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
I have to imagine the endorsement numbers have gotten a lot worse since mod packs became so popular. I don't think many people are going to take the time to go endorse the hundreds or possibly thousands of mods in a mod pack.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
You can endorse directly from MO2, which might mitigate that a bit. Still probably not a lot of people scrolling through their 900 mod wabbajack list and endorsing them, though.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

It's such a delight when Nexus gives you the "please endorse these mods" popup, which is just a list of mod names, with no links or any nugget of context towards what game they're even for other than whatever the mod authors thought to include in the names themselves. It's so enthusiastically unhelpful. Yeah sure I'll endorse "Rock retexture" from videogame

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Staltran posted:

You can endorse directly from MO2, which might mitigate that a bit. Still probably not a lot of people scrolling through their 900 mod wabbajack list and endorsing them, though.
Yeah no way am I gonna go through and try to evaluate individual mods when I just pressed a "download these seven million mods for me automatically" button.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I barely ever endorsed before it was a thing because you have to wait to endorse a mod. I don't tend to get a mod, go use it, then come back unless I need to download an update. It means the number of mods I endorse period is really limited, wabbajack be damned.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Are there any mods that have a fun collecting sort of setup but mostly for vanilla stuff so it's not as uh. Full on and busted as LotD? Like I guess I could just find player homes with lots of displays but I like the stuff lotd does for questline completions or like displaying alchemy ingredients. Just not a fan of all the crap it fills the game world with for the most part.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I think there are patches that trim that down? Check the requirements tab on the Nexus page, it will also list the mods that require LOTD, which will include any third-party patches.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

Are there any mods that have a fun collecting sort of setup but mostly for vanilla stuff so it's not as uh. Full on and busted as LotD? Like I guess I could just find player homes with lots of displays but I like the stuff lotd does for questline completions or like displaying alchemy ingredients. Just not a fan of all the crap it fills the game world with for the most part.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42237

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

He asked my religion and I replied "agnostic." He asked how to spell it, and remarked with a sigh: "Well, there are many religions, but I suppose they all worship the same God."

Staltran posted:

Yeah I endorse from MO2 once I decide I like the mod and it works well.

I figure that endorsement : downloads ratio isn't exactly a perfect signal, but either one by itself is arguably more misleading so why not have this too?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I've only just now, somehow, discovered Saints and Seducers Extended Cut, and it's pretty great (especially for overloading me with SI Nostalgia). But does anyone know if there's any safe storage in it though? I'm guessing that old house or whatever it's called might be but I don't like taking chances with my loot.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Dope, this looks like exactly what I want. Thanks a ton mate.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Is there a decent guide to installing Creation Kit in the modern era? And using that to create a simple mod to modify an NPCs appearance?

Thought I might play around and create a few simple mods, maybe a quest or two

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Moreau posted:

Is there a decent guide to installing Creation Kit in the modern era? And using that to create a simple mod to modify an NPCs appearance?

Thought I might play around and create a few simple mods, maybe a quest or two

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/71371

This addon is the way to go for getting a "Modern" Creation Kit up and running. Has an installation guide on the mod page that covers everything. After literal years of the Creation Kit being broken for me after Bethesda killed the Bethesda Launcher version of it and moved it to Steam for AE, this thing finally fixed it so I was able to actually open files in it again.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
A friend was trying to install a Wabbajack list and gave up after facing the reality of trying to do so without Nexus premium and it made me thankful for having lifetime. Figured whatever I paid for it was worth it and I assumed it was probably like 150 dollars or something for lifetime. Tracked down my original payment and found out it was 7 years ago and only 62 USD (50 GBP). That is the cost of a year of premium now. I understand why they no longer offer lifetime subs. Anyone know if they had raised the price at any point?

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Do note that automating clicking the download buttons is a fairly trivial AHK script. You still get the slow download speeds but it turns the whole thing into a thing you can let run unattended.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Having already done multiple runs with Inigo and Vilja are there any new companion mods that are really worth checking out?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's a wood elf who's name I can't remember at the moment, decent amount of dialogue, maybe has a romance but you don't have to do it.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

There's a wood elf who's name I can't remember at the moment, decent amount of dialogue, maybe has a romance but you don't have to do it.

That could be Auri, from Song of the Green. Traditional Bosmer in the Falkreath woods. She actually banter with Inigo, if you have them both in your party at the same time

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11278/

Lucien is another follower that has banter with Inigo (and Auri). He works particularly well with Inigo, and their banter, singing and jokes are a lot of fun

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20035

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah I recommend Lucien. Do not recommend Auri, unless you truly never ever tire of cannibal jokes and also want an overpowered follower who will kill everything with her bow before you can even get close.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm not a huge fan of Lucien because he becomes better at things based on what I do as a player, and ideally a companion should be doing something I can't already do. Like, if I'm playing a two hander that smacks people on the face with a giant sword, I want him hanging back and shooting out fireballs or healing me, but if I'm shooting spells at people from the distance I want him running interference, but that's not how it works. He's designed to be a copy of you and not a complement.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah I recommend Lucien. Do not recommend Auri, unless you truly never ever tire of cannibal jokes and also want an overpowered follower who will kill everything with her bow before you can even get close.

Seems like you have bad taste in jokes.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Seems like you have bad taste in jokes.

Some people gristle at that tripe of humor.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dirk the Average posted:

Some people gristle at that tripe of humor.

I prefer my comedy to have more bite to it.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Eric the Mauve posted:

Counterpoint- Most of her dialogue and quests are actually well written and her acting is much better than a lot of other custom voice followers.

Air Skwirl posted:

I'm not a huge fan of Lucien because he becomes better at things based on what I do as a player, and ideally a companion should be doing something I can't already do. Like, if I'm playing a two hander that smacks people on the face with a giant sword, I want him hanging back and shooting out fireballs or healing me, but if I'm shooting spells at people from the distance I want him running interference, but that's not how it works. He's designed to be a copy of you and not a complement.

I think this is partially true, you can teach him stuff that you are good at but he also learns stuff on his own and you can tell him how you want him to fight.

To answer the original question, both Lucien and Auri are older mods. I haven't played them myself but two newer followers that I intend to try next time I ever make a new list would be Gore & Xelzaz, I've heard a lot of good things about both of them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

Counterpoint- Most of her dialogue and quests are actually well written and her acting is much better than a lot of other custom voice followers.

I think this is partially true, you can teach him stuff that you are good at but he also learns stuff on his own and you can tell him how you want him to fight.

To answer the original question, both Lucien and Auri are older mods. I haven't played them myself but two newer followers that I intend to try next time I ever make a new list would be Gore & Xelzaz, I've heard a lot of good things about both of them.

Lucien learns poo poo on his own super loving slow, especially if you want him to be a spellcaster and you aren't.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Air Skwirl posted:

Definitely a valid criticism.

Also agree that Auri's quests are better than most companion-mod quests--although that is a very low bar to clear.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Can't you give Lucien spell books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

A Sometimes Food posted:

Having already done multiple runs with Inigo and Vilja are there any new companion mods that are really worth checking out?

there's a cool pirate/rake companion that came out recently whose name I forgot.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/103669

Here he is. Val Serano. Seems more like a funny romance novel protag.

Also

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/117332?tab=description
Spellcrafting is back on the menu.

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 23, 2024