Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

GunnerJ, you might want the OP to point out that Brigandage can add its armors to the bandit levelled lists, giving Skyrim's bandits a lot more variety in appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I can't find anything useful on google for obvious reasons, but is there a decent mod out there that adds dog people into the game?

Was just chatting with a friend about how Kajits or w/e are cool but a 6ft tall black lab wearing knights armor would be way cooler :3:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

I can't find anything useful on google for obvious reasons, but is there a decent mod out there that adds dog people into the game?

Was just chatting with a friend about how Kajits or w/e are cool but a 6ft tall black lab wearing knights armor would be way cooler :3:

Undertale.

You want Undertale.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

ThaumPenguin posted:

King's Quest VI.

You want King's Quest VI.

ftfy

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

man who the gently caress at sierra thought "hmm we need a wise old voice for this wise old border collie dogboy. I know!!! earl boen"

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

There was a mod that added dog people but the modder kind of when bonkers, moved development to the loverslab, and hasn't updated it in forever because they keep trying to add dog dicks and hyper realistic dog feet to it before full releasing it.

Here's the nexus link if you want to try. Warning: red rockets.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64466/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

No labradors but:
Werewolf people http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47888/
Other doggy people http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13561/
Fox people http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62176/
That guy from Final Fantasy 10 that kinda looks like a dog http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57861/
And finally Rabbit people http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37870/

I was impressed that the only about 90% of the mod races in the Nexus were "sexy teenagers" instead of the 98-100% I'd assumed.

Edit: Mother fucker.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 28, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Four of those links are identical.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

As link posting errors go, I have to say I'm impressed by this one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Fixed now, jesus christ I'm an idiot.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Fixed now, jesus christ I'm an idiot.

Just a slip of the mind, happens to everyone :)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ThaumPenguin posted:

Just a slip of the mind, happens to everyone :)

I'm just annoyed because I spent actual time finding those due to foggy remembrances of seeing a couple cool races on nexus before, then got called into work for a shift from hell so I didn't see the mistake for an entire day.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

drat, those Ronzos look ridiculously well made.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Davoren posted:

drat, those Ronzos look ridiculously well made.

They really are, and they are compatible with almost any mod out there. The modder really went to town to not only create everything from scratch but to make a custom race that could be slotted into any game and be compatible with everything. It's ridiculous. All that for a one-off race for a decade+ old game.

Red Mundus fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 28, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Red Mundus posted:

They really are, and they are compatible with almost any mod out there. The modder really went to town to not only create everything from scratch but to make a custom race that could be slotted into any game and be compatible with everything. It's ridiculous. All that for a one-off race for a decade+ old game.

And he didn't even give them blowjob animations? Pssh.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Glad Agents are GO!'s play on my suggestion made the thread title.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I am the author of the crazy SPERG-Ordinator-CACO patch.

If it's buggy, meh. I'm not touching it again until after the Special Edition is out, unless my PC will be unable to run Special Edition at all. No point in trying to mod something I can't even use. Not to mention it'd require an SKSE for SPERG and CACO, as well as a SkyUI for the MCM for Special Edition.

I will be satisfied if it would just work right out of the gate once those things are fulfilled.

It does not require Ordinator in the slightest. Ordinator does touch the perks that CACO touches. But SPERG does it slightly better. More balanced. The entire alchemy tree with the mod is basically just SPERG with a couple of CACO features tacked in. And ingredient lists with effects.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Has anyone tried both noble skyrim and smc? Curious how they compare. Also, if Dyndolod is in the OP I can't see it

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Also, if Dyndolod is in the OP I can't see it

Get closer, it should pop in.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Agents are GO! posted:

Get closer, it should pop in.

lol

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What's the consensus on Save game script cleaner? While I don't need to use it now I'm imagining a point where I might want to yank a script heavy mod on a game I'm well into. Like when vampires attack or run for your lives - which aren't working. Apparently they don't play nice with wet and cold - something to note if you're thinking of getting all three.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I haven't used it but my perspective has been that it's something I'd try in a pinch without expecting miracles.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

speaking of noble skyrim, it makes Skyrim HD look like hot trash and I'm a little miffed I never ran into it before this OP

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

scamtank posted:

speaking of noble skyrim, it makes Skyrim HD look like hot trash and I'm a little miffed I never ran into it before this OP

I'm getting mixed signals here.

Isn't being "hot trash" bad?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
He's saying Skyrim HD is "hot trash" (a thing that is bad to all but a hobo who is cold in the streets and could use the heat source regardless of how it smells.)

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Siets posted:

He's saying Skyrim HD is "hot trash" (a thing that is bad to all but a hobo who is cold in the streets and could use the heat source regardless of how it smells.)

Oh wow somehow my brain read it as "Noble Skyrim" and I got confused.

But yeah, Skyrim HD isn't that great, at least from what I've heard.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh, a new thread! Having not yet read the OP, I naively hope there's some kind of guide to this bashed patch thing so I can Morrowloot Ultimate and have all the new things other patches add be as scarce as the lord intended.

I hate myself, you see.

mornhaven
Sep 10, 2011
The new OP is really nice. Makes me want to start modding Skyrim again.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

scamtank posted:

man who the gently caress at sierra thought "hmm we need a wise old voice for this wise old border collie dogboy. I know!!! earl boen"

That was Tony Jay as Saladin actually, not Earl Boen.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Noble Skyrim is really good and is probably the best one-stop texture replacer out there. I've tried others and I go back to NSM every time.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Psion posted:

Noble Skyrim is really good and is probably the best one-stop texture replacer out there. I've tried others and I go back to NSM every time.

So it looks like the only things Noble Skyrim doesn't touch is vegetation and maybe clutter/placed objects? Would that be accurate?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does anyone know of a spell pack that contains a spell similar to vampire grip (something I can pick people up and throw them around with)? There's a mod that let's vanilla telekinesis do this but the comments on it make it sound like it's got some issues with flinging NPCs out of the game and I'd rather not gently caress with any vanilla spells.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

funkymonks posted:

So it looks like the only things Noble Skyrim doesn't touch is vegetation and maybe clutter/placed objects? Would that be accurate?

it's real good for the taking care of the big picture, like most ground textures, walls, doors and terrain

I still use specific small-time replacers like amidianborn and et al. for equipment, statues, rugs/pelts, banners, fire effects and other fiddly poo poo that you are constantly looking at up close

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
holy poo poo i just swapped out Skyrim HD for Noble Skyrim and wow what a difference

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

I wanna chime in on a couple things for the OP:

I've been using Wildcat, without anything else, and have really enjoyed it. It's another one of Enai's mods and it's nice and customizable. The two "go-to" combat mods these days seem to be Wildcat or Vigor, depending on your taste.

I also found Craftable Hearthfire Planters in concert with Chesko's Campfire to be really useful for alchemy. I love me some potions and poisons, but I could never find a decent house mod that had enough built-in planters for me. With Craftable Hearthfire Planters, you can just make your own working soil patches and place them wherever. One thing of note with the planters mod, it makes the actual planter pots "usable" and I found that distracting, so I just used Jaxonz Positioner to copy/paste static pots around, then manually placed the soil patches in them.

I don't use Campfire for anything else, but apparently it has a solid framework for other mods to utilize.

And that allowed me to use more houses that didn't have any planters, like Skogurheim.

edit: Also, Enai has supposedly fixed once and for all the Brawl Bug, which he included in Wildcat and in a standalone Modern Brawl Bug Fix.

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 30, 2016

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Propagandist posted:

I also found Craftable Hearthfire Planters in concert with Chesko's Campfire to be really useful for alchemy. I love me some potions and poisons, but I could never find a decent house mod that had enough built-in planters for me.

Fyr Manor's Nursery (with my fixes patch) has sixty. I know, because I had to fix every single one behind the scenes.

Also, Gunner, in regards to Wildcat and all of Enai's mods being a decent overhaul when taken together, the reason I mentioned that is that I'm pretty sure Enai is working to make sure they work day one with Skyrim Remastered, including on the consoles.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does anyone know of a spell pack that contains a spell similar to vampire grip (something I can pick people up and throw them around with)? There's a mod that let's vanilla telekinesis do this but the comments on it make it sound like it's got some issues with flinging NPCs out of the game and I'd rather not gently caress with any vanilla spells.

I'll look when I get off work and see if I still have the one I made for myself a while back on my HDD, If you're still looking. I was never able to find one on Nexus that wasn't stupid.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Great, more poo poo to add to the OP that's at like 49,999 words :negative:

In seriousness, I want to talk a little bit about my schedule and the function of this thread. I picked up the OP-in-progress from Agents at the beginning of July and didn't actually post it until after the middle of August. That's not because I was working on it diligently over 6 weeks because it took that long. I worked on it when I could, but the major reason was that I was teaching a 6-week summer class while working on a side gig that was due in mid-August. Basically once both of those things ended I was able to turn my attention to the OP and got it up in a few days. Now the new semester has begun and I have more side gigs and two classes to teach. I can make alterations and additions to the OP but my ability to do anything more complex than that, like new guides or what have you, is pretty limited.

Fortunately, I think it's completely unnecessary to rely on a model of "one guy managing one OP." Plenty of people have stepped up with new content but they don't have to wait for me if they join the wiki and put up pages themselves. This is something that I can work on as I have time, but I don't know when that will be. Plus, there's apparently a lot of updating that needs to be done. I'll try to do a little each day, but I'm just one guy.

Also the review blog deffo still exists (I even posted on it today!), so don't hold yourself back from sending a join request if you want to write a bunch of words about how a mod sucks/owns/is misunderstood/etc. (KakerMix, I'd be cool if you were willing to write something up on your experience in the Minecraft modding scene when it comes to the kinda poo poo the blog is reacting to.)

Also: Did anyone save the text of the original "ModPicker: The Fearsome Juggernaut" post?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

GunnerJ posted:

Great, more poo poo to add to the OP that's at like 49,999 words :negative:

In seriousness, I want to talk a little bit about my schedule and the function of this thread. I picked up the OP-in-progress from Agents at the beginning of July and didn't actually post it until after the middle of August. That's not because I was working on it diligently over 6 weeks because it took that long. I worked on it when I could, but the major reason was that I was teaching a 6-week summer class while working on a side gig that was due in mid-August. Basically once both of those things ended I was able to turn my attention to the OP and got it up in a few days. Now the new semester has begun and I have more side gigs and two classes to teach. I can make alterations and additions to the OP but my ability to do anything more complex than that, like new guides or what have you, is pretty limited.

Fortunately, I think it's completely unnecessary to rely on a model of "one guy managing one OP." Plenty of people have stepped up with new content but they don't have to wait for me if they join the wiki and put up pages themselves. This is something that I can work on as I have time, but I don't know when that will be. Plus, there's apparently a lot of updating that needs to be done. I'll try to do a little each day, but I'm just one guy.

Also the review blog deffo still exists (I even posted on it today!), so don't hold yourself back from sending a join request if you want to write a bunch of words about how a mod sucks/owns/is misunderstood/etc. (KakerMix, I'd be cool if you were willing to write something up on your experience in the Minecraft modding scene when it comes to the kinda poo poo the blog is reacting to.)

Also: Did anyone save the text of the original "ModPicker: The Fearsome Juggernaut" post?

Gunner you get the gently caress back here and fuckin' type about Skyrim! What kinda guy promises an OP then abandons it half-done?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

<- this guy