Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

<- this guy too :thejoke:

Edit: What a lovely snipe. Content: I ditched Enderal because honestly I was just bored as hell, and Im playing through Clockwork now. Other than being 2spooky4me the only issue I'm having is reproduceable CTDs that seem to have something to do with auto-resurrecting enemies.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mr.Grit posted:

I'll look when I get off work and see if I still have the one I made for myself a while back on my HDD, If you're still looking. I was never able to find one on Nexus that wasn't stupid.

That'd be awesome. If you can't find it, I know my way around the CK and could probably figure it out myself with a few pointers.

e: This mod does what I wanted. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46257/

The damage health version is way overpowered but the regular grab spell works exactly like vampire grip without the damage.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 31, 2016

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Quit trying so hard to fit in. :colbert:

AntiStar: I dont know if you read this thread, but if you do I posted a bug report on the nexus please don't report me and get me banned there. :ohdear:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
ugh, the OP warns us against that EggOver jerk, and here he is making GBS threads up Clockwork's bug list? antistar, ban the hell out of them!! :v:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

<- this guy too :thejoke:

Edit: What a lovely snipe. Content: I ditched Enderal because honestly I was just bored as hell, and Im playing through Clockwork now. Other than being 2spooky4me the only issue I'm having is reproduceable CTDs that seem to have something to do with auto-resurrecting enemies.

Do you happen to have Immersive Creatures? I noticed it had a feature that made mr. skeltals resurrect, not sure if that would matter for Clockwork. I haven't tried Clockwork though.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That'd be awesome. If you can't find it, I know my way around the CK and could probably figure it out myself with a few pointers.

e: This mod does what I wanted. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46257/

The damage health version is way overpowered but the regular grab spell works exactly like vampire grip without the damage.

Nice!
I did find a version of the of the one I made, so here you go if you end up not digging that one.
This one does cost magicka, but no damage from the grab. It's pretty weak at low levels and op at high levels, trains alteration and is added to mage vendor lists(merged patch). I removed a bunch of restrictions, iirc, so it probably works on undead/drauger/kids etc... and has kind of a far range. You'd have to police yourself not to cheese too much with it. :p

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

So I went through and installed probably 70+ mods and skyrim booted up fine and runs well with occasional ctd during alt tabbing. Mod organizer is magical

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Just want to echo the statements about Noble Skyrim. It is incredibly nice, and I actually noticed the texture changes versus a number of other mods. It's an incredibly beautiful game to look at now.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Transmogrifier posted:

Just want to echo the statements about Noble Skyrim. It is incredibly nice, and I actually noticed the texture changes versus a number of other mods. It's an incredibly beautiful game to look at now.

I am another convert. It's gorgeous. Anyone on the fence really should give it a try.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I'm starting to feel weirdly compelled to ditch my half-finished SMC setup.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Seriously, it's a pain to deal with and it's just taking up space.

Ditching it in favour of Noble Skyrim and a few other graphics mods would save me a lot of hassle.

Still don't know how I'm supposed to get Book of Silence to work with it.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
y0, Noble Skyrim users: What's the performance hit like, what's your graphics card, and are you using the performance version?

ThaumPenguin posted:

Still don't know how I'm supposed to get Book of Silence to work with it.

If you're using Mod Organizer, you just put it after Noble Skyrim in your mod order list (i.e., the left panel) and it will layer itself over whatever Noble Skyrim provides, might override a few of its textures but if you don't like that you can reverse the order. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

GunnerJ posted:

y0, Noble Skyrim users: What's the performance hit like, what's your graphics card, and are you using the performance version?

If you're using Mod Organizer, you just put it after Noble Skyrim in your mod order list (i.e., the left panel) and it will layer itself over whatever Noble Skyrim provides, might override a few of its textures but if you don't like that you can reverse the order. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Oh sorry, I was talking about SMC.

I have no idea how to add Book of Silence and similar mods to SMC and at this point I'm not sure I'd even want to bother finding out.

Which is where Noble Skyrim comes in.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

ThaumPenguin posted:

Oh sorry, I was talking about SMC.

I have no idea how to add Book of Silence and similar mods to SMC and at this point I'm not sure I'd even want to bother finding out.

Which is where Noble Skyrim comes in.

If none of the aMidianBorn stuff is listed in SMC's menu (which is a strange oversight imo, I'm pretty sure it was an option when I last used SMC), then the same principle applies actually. SMC will give you a bigass texture pack. You can just put whatever it didn't include that you like after it in the mod order and that other stuff will take priority where appropriate.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

It's just gotten flagged red every time I've tried and I'm not quite sure why.

It's actually been at least a month since I last messed around with it.

Honestly, at this point I'd be content with jettisoning the entire thing and saving myself some hard-drive space.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

OK, I'm really rusty on how SMC works, what does "flagged red" mean?

Though, if you're just going to jettison SMC and use Noble Skyrim this is purely out of curiosity.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

GunnerJ posted:

OK, I'm really rusty on how SMC works, what does "flagged red" mean?

Though, if you're just going to jettison SMC and use Noble Skyrim this is purely out of curiosity.

When you add a mod to SMC the mod title is assigned a color depending on whether it's set up correctly or not.

Green means all the right files are there and that they're set up correctly.

Red means it's not.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Hm, iirc that means that the files weren't downloaded properly or something because it can't find them, so they need to be moved around or extracted a certain way or something...? I know that there was a way to resolve that because I had to do it a few times, but tbh I think at this point the best way to resolve it is called "installing Noble Skyrim" :v:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

GunnerJ posted:

Hm, iirc that means that the files weren't downloaded properly or something because it can't find them, so they need to be moved around or extracted a certain way or something...? I know that there was a way to resolve that because I had to do it a few times, but tbh I think at this point the best way to resolve it is called "installing Noble Skyrim" :v:

See the problem is that BoS isn't a single download, it's several, and SMC only lets you add one folder...

Also combining the folders manually didn't work for me either.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

GunnerJ posted:

#1 no idea/can't tell the difference/i've grown to accept literal garbage????
#2 GeForce 750Ti (2GB)
#3 ye

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

For anybody in need of some fresh equipment, boy do I have the mod for you.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

ThaumPenguin posted:

For anybody in need of some fresh equipment, boy do I have the mod for you.

i wanna see some arrow killcam footage of that

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've been really itching to play Oblivion again, and I think I'm going to buy the GOTY edition. The thing is, I've only played it on consoles (I literally did everything in it)! This is the Skyrim mod thread but I don't think there's one for Oblivion going, what are some real good and fun ones to grab, and what all do I need to get them to work? Is there an Oblivion script extender?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Literally the first full paragraph of the OP.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GunnerJ posted:

Literally the first full paragraph of the OP.

I probably should have gone back again and looked. :down:

Thanks!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've had an issue since launch where, if I alt-tab away, sometimes when I click back the desktop cursor will show up alongside the in-game one, and they'll be in different spots due to different cursor speed settings.

Is there a fix for that, by any chance?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

There is at least one: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36125/

Other fix/tweak mods may fix this too. Actually I think Bug fixes might? (eta: nope)

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

just found the objectively best visual effect for Wintermyst's "jagged" things (little bit of bonus damage per hit, tripled on any non-armored victims) in Enchanted Arsenal's option library

nothing fancy, nothing magical, just permanent blood spatters all over my Executioner's Iron Greatsword

SourceRyan
Aug 4, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

Other fix/tweak mods may fix this too. Actually I think Bug fixes might? (eta: nope)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40706/ OneTweak is perhaps a better option, as it incorporates a few other features (Borderless Windows!) as well.

Herrvillain
Apr 13, 2008

GunnerJ posted:

That mod's description says you're better off using http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/40706/ instead. It's a SKSE plugin at least, so no waste of a slot. That being said, I always just go into the plain old Tab menu (the compass thing with "Skills/Level Up", "Magic", "Items", and "Map" on it) prior to switching windows. For some reason, the desktop cursor never lingers if I alt-tab from that screen.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
OneTweak Best Tweak. :thumbsup:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm not too happy with how Guard Dialogue Overhaul is working out. Mostly because they're still able to magically tell that I have points in sneak or one handed or whatever and they comment on it. I made a little mod called Shut Up Guards years back that just loving deleted all that poo poo. Does anyone here happen to still use it? Does it still work/not cause problems with things like USLEEP? I mean I guess I should test my own mod but you know, everything is working together so nicely right now, I don't want to gently caress it up.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I'm not too happy with how Guard Dialogue Overhaul is working out. Mostly because they're still able to magically tell that I have points in sneak or one handed or whatever and they comment on it.

One thing I noticed when I was slaving away at hand-made compatibility patches is that a number of things can override the changes GDO makes.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Huh, good point. I just checked and LOOT was sticking it right at the top.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

If you put it lower, though, you still have to deal with what GDO will override.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is there a goon-approved "make hair not look like people glued straw to their heads, also maybe adds some more interesting hairstyles because I'd like that half-shaved head look" mod?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I think this one is in the OP but it's about as good as the vanilla hair is going to get. Pick the straight option IMO.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36510/

Otherwise just search hair on Nexus until you find something you like, unless it's for men's hair - there you're poo poo out of luck because it's all anime garbage that should only be seen in boy bands.

I'd like to recommend this mod for the Quality of Life section in the OP. If you've played Skyrim for more than 20 hours you're probably sick of fighting bears and wolves every 2 minutes. This mod lets you set the aggression level of any animal in the game to whatever you'd like. Straight up aggressive like in vanilla, cowardly so they'll run from you or even allied so they'll come and fight for you.

One With Nature

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I think this one is in the OP but it's about as good as the vanilla hair is going to get. Pick the straight option IMO.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36510/

Otherwise just search hair on Nexus until you find something you like, unless it's for men's hair - there you're poo poo out of luck because it's all anime garbage that should only be seen in boy bands.

I'd like to recommend this mod for the Quality of Life section in the OP. If you've played Skyrim for more than 20 hours you're probably sick of fighting bears and wolves every 2 minutes. This mod lets you set the aggression level of any animal in the game to whatever you'd like. Straight up aggressive like in vanilla, cowardly so they'll run from you or even allied so they'll come and fight for you.

One With Nature

Yeah, I use that hairs one. I'm probably going to hollow out one of my early posts in this thread and repurpose it with some mods that I like that aren't OPworthy.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Apacii Hair or whatever had around 50 hairstyles for dudes.

48 or 49 look like they're out of the shittiest anime ever but there are two or three that are pretty good.

I should download that Vanilla replaced because that looks pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

doctor 7 posted:

Apacii Hair or whatever had around 50 hairstyles for dudes.

48 or 49 look like they're out of the shittiest anime ever but there are two or three that are pretty good.

I should download that Vanilla replaced because that looks pretty great.

I did see Apacii, but damned if I can figure out how to install it.