Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Knowlue posted:

I've gotten the sudden urge to replay Skyrim. Have all the quintessential mods been ported to Skyrim SE? I'm not looking to mod the poo poo out of the game but just the important must haves

I don't think SkyUI has been ported yet which is probably my most important mod, but I can't say I've actually looked in real recent history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Orv posted:

Uh, is mod piracy actually covered under SA piracy rules now?

mod piracy?

Nobody better steal literally a bird :colbert:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

GunnerJ posted:

Holy poo poo.

Other than the fact they're still going to act like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP9sEt8Xj6g

e:

Azhais fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 12, 2017

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ynglaur posted:

Is the skyproc patcher open source? Is the developer around, and if so is a 64-bit version even possible?

It's just Java, I doubt the 64bit-ness is the issue.

https://bitbucket.org/DienesToo/skyproc-library

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ynglaur posted:

Did the file esp format change between Oldrim and SSE?

I don't think so, there's several Oldrim mods that just say "patch the esp on oldrim them move it to your SE folder"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't know if this is just Skyrim being Skyrim or some mod, but does anyone know what causes the issue where you get a quest to go kill a bandit chief, and the quest marker is just pointing to empty space with no chief in sight?

I've had this happen on the first Companions radiant quest, and now one from the Whiterun Jarl. I know I can just console setstage to get past it, but it'd be nice to fix it if it's a known mod problem.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sebmojo posted:

Have you tried waiting a day?

Yeah. Even waiting for the place to respawn doesn't help, the quest mob just never shows up

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

gmq posted:

Steam Sale... Aaand SE still is incredibly expensive for a "remake".

I guess I'll keep waiting for SKSE before upgrading.

I take it you didn't have all the DLC before? I just got SE "for free" because I had all of the expansions to oldrim

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yeah, wildcat isn't bad, tho I find it sort of boils down to whoever gets the first strike in wins since the damage is so absurd.

I also like Apocalypse and Thunderchild to revamp the magic and shouts along with it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is there any SSE mod that helps you track down errant children? Mine has gone missing. Sounds like I could probably just adopt a second one and tell him we're moving and the other would magically reappear, but I'd rather have a radio tracker mod if such a thing exists

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

wormil posted:

SSE
How important is it to use TES4Edit?

Wrye tells me:
code:
= Check Mods
This is a report on your currently active/merged mods.

=== Mergeable
Following mods are active, but could be merged into the bashed patch.
* AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp
* icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp
* pickpocket100.esp
* RLO - Illuminated Spells.esp
* XPMSSE.esp

=== Mods that need cleaning with TES4Edit
Following mods have identical to master (ITM) records, deleted records (UDR), or other issues that should be fixed with TES4Edit. 
Visit the TES4Edit Cleaning Guide for more information.
* Ambriel.esp:  UDR(1)
* Arc_Cyrae.esp:  UDR(63)
* Dawnguard.esm:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.
* Dragonborn.esm:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.
* Easy Ragged Flagon Travel.esp:  UDR(7)
* Eli_Breezehome.esp:  UDR(2)
* Gwelda Dawnguard Armor.esp:  UDR(1)
* Hearthfires.esm:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.
* Recorder Follower Base.esp:  UDR(2)
* Update.esm:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.
* Warchief Stronghold.esp:  UDR(15)

I cleaned my sse esms and had constant crashes around falkreath, until I reverted the changes

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

docbeard posted:

I really, REALLY want there to be a high-speed training montage for the Greybeard teaching-you-how-to-shout bullshit.

What, you don't like the "Dragonborn gets blown by three old men" ending to the questline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CascadeBeta posted:

What are people's preferred builds with ortinator? I'm reinstalling now that SSE has SKSE/SKYUI. I was thinking a sneaking mage that uses a lot of illusion and destruction, but I always sneak in Skyrim.

Kajit punchman