Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

I wanna chime in on a couple things for the OP:

I've been using Wildcat, without anything else, and have really enjoyed it. It's another one of Enai's mods and it's nice and customizable. The two "go-to" combat mods these days seem to be Wildcat or Vigor, depending on your taste.

I also found Craftable Hearthfire Planters in concert with Chesko's Campfire to be really useful for alchemy. I love me some potions and poisons, but I could never find a decent house mod that had enough built-in planters for me. With Craftable Hearthfire Planters, you can just make your own working soil patches and place them wherever. One thing of note with the planters mod, it makes the actual planter pots "usable" and I found that distracting, so I just used Jaxonz Positioner to copy/paste static pots around, then manually placed the soil patches in them.

I don't use Campfire for anything else, but apparently it has a solid framework for other mods to utilize.

And that allowed me to use more houses that didn't have any planters, like Skogurheim.

edit: Also, Enai has supposedly fixed once and for all the Brawl Bug, which he included in Wildcat and in a standalone Modern Brawl Bug Fix.

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

<- this guy too :thejoke:

Edit: What a lovely snipe. Content: I ditched Enderal because honestly I was just bored as hell, and Im playing through Clockwork now. Other than being 2spooky4me the only issue I'm having is reproduceable CTDs that seem to have something to do with auto-resurrecting enemies.

Do you happen to have Immersive Creatures? I noticed it had a feature that made mr. skeltals resurrect, not sure if that would matter for Clockwork. I haven't tried Clockwork though.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Does anyone know why I'm getting this error with EzEs Colored Map Markers? I have the latest SkyUI installed so I don't know what it's referring to.

I think that's normal, as odd as it sounds. You can go into SkyUI's MCM to disable that notification.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ThaumPenguin posted:

I tried the STEP: Skyrim Revisited Legendary Edition guide once and found it really annoying to deal with.

It gives you exact instructions on how to install the various mods and what options to pick, but doesn't tell you why you're supposed to pick those options. This is especially egregious whenever the guide tells you not to install a mod's bundled compatibility patches, even when those compatibility patches are for other mods the guide wants you to install.

Turns out the reason for most of that is because the guide wants you to make your own compatibility patch manually, from scratch. :psyduck:

I did it once last year.

Those were the two most mind-numbing hours of modding I've ever gone through.

gently caress SRLE.

Or, you could just download the premade conflict resolution file that they provide for you on that page you linked. There's a similar one for SRLE:E, and SRLE:LOTD. You don't have to make it from scratch.

I ended up making my own from scratch because I deviated from their mod list, and found their conflict resolution patch instructions were really helpful in resolving other conflicts in general.