Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
There are modders who have been around since Morrowind who have had the same attitude for over a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Sounds like the Stormcloaks.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

I want and need to believe that at least one person responded to that post with some variation of "That's not trolling you moron, that's normal." Just... just one person.

Hahahahahahaha.

Not a one.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

C: None of the above.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

I was honestly pretty impressed by the cloak flowing (fluttering?) and equipment jostling animations, which I guess made very slow progress because boob physics were a higher priority. :v:

Progress was slow for HDT all around because it was like one Chinese guy making it, but clothing physics was the first thing he showed HDT off with. Made a poofy concept dress for it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

what modding managers will be available for Special Edition

I assume Nexus Mod Manager isn't, at least yet

I have no idea how to use Wyre Bash

Just NMM and eventually the lovechild of NMM and MO.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It doesn't. NMM got updated to work for the SE, but neither mod manager is going to be updated anymore. The MO creator is now on Nexus's staff, and they're all working on a new mod manager that will have features from both, with better coding under the hood.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Self-shadows is a vanilla Skyrim option. It just looked really bad in vanilla Skyrim because the shadow rendering in general wasn't the best.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You can level forever, and keep amassing perk points until you get tired of it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Raygereio posted:

The main guys behind the script extenders have said multiple times that they are working at SKSE64 and F4SE. Hell, they've said they'll work on porting SkyUI over once the necessary groundwork in SKSE64 is done as the SkyUI's dev team abandoned it.
But they do have full time jobs in game development, so they could for example be stuck in crunch mode for a while and simply not have the free time to work on it. Who knows. All I know is that they've been a part of the modding community for over 10 years and that porting something like the script extender over to 64-bit is a complex and time-consuming undertaking. So why not cut them some slack?

Again: If you think you have the know-how to help, then get involved and actually help them.

There have been people coming forward to help or take over the project completely, and they have been ignored.

e: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5206865-wipz-skyrim-script-extender-skse64/page-40#entry48913232

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Going from 32-bit to 64-bit changes a hell of a lot of things about the inner workings of a program. The modding tools released by Bethesda themselves required enough rebuilding and re-testing, and porting mods that don't use SKSE is relatively easy (such as simply resaving the esp in the new construction kit). You shouldn't expect a developer to go out of their way to make a specific, needed for a fraction of mods, third-party utility work. It would be nice, but the onus is on the developers of the third-party utility to update it.

The real issue with 64-bit SKSE is that the current team does not have the time to put their full effort into it, and won't hand it off to people who do.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

delta534 posted:

The script extender is open source, at least the 7z archive version has the source. It does not help for making a 64 bit version due to things, by necessity, being hardcoded to the latest version of the oldrim exe.

It's not open source. The source code is just there for viewing, so someone who knows what they're doing can see exactly what the SKSE does, and to help people making plugins.

quote:

* Can I modify and release my own version of SKSE based on the included source code?
- No; the suggested method for extending SKSE is to write a plugin. If this does not meet your needs, please email the contact addresses listed below.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Read the actual website before jumping to conclusions.

https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

wiegieman posted:

What will actually happen is their signal to noise ratio will be abysmal and any hope of recruiting actual talent will be buried under a tide of :nexus:.

And those mods won't even be on the service, because you have to submit professional work proposals to even apply to be allowed on the site, then meet consistent development milestones to keep your contract.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

docbeard posted:

It honestly feels more like a platform for Bethesda to publish their own DLC with modders being invited in as an afterthought.

(If this is the way that we get SKSE for the special edition, though, I will laugh and laugh and laugh.)

Existing mods aren't going to be on Creation Club. Also, all of the mods will have to be compatible with the console versions, so a script extender would be off the table in the first place.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

So your friend trainwiz is doing something for the Creation Club. Though it wasn't much of a secret, he confirmed it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

RobotDogPolice posted:

I copy/pasted the ENB files into my directory, in addition to a preset I liked, but nothing has happened. What did I gently caress up? I'm using Mod Manager, but as far as I know ENB and SKSE need to be pasted into the games directory.

Did you do the required changes to skyrimprefs.ini? Specifically, did you add "bFloatPointRenderTarget=1" to the ini under the display header?

Did you turn off Skyrim's anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing?

ENB requires both of these to function.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

and blast their dwindling good will

oh yeah? then why didnt get do that on day 1
checkmate raygario

Because they need a base set of info (which needed to be rebuilt entirely in the first place because 64bit), then use automated tools to check differences between patches.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Dameius posted:

Does Vortex not do a virtual file system with Skyrim? Because it absolutely has that capability and can do it with Starfield.

It does. The stupid war between fanboys of MO2 and fanboys of Vortex essentially comes down to which UI they like more. The guy who created MO1/2 was part of the team behind Vortex.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Skin color is a color overlay on the base skin texture. If a modded skin texture is brighter or darker than the default skin texture, you'll get that color issue with Redguards and Dunmer.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

I wish I lived in a world where I could hear of modding turning redguards paler with straight hair and go "That must be a problem with the quality of the mods they are using, not general racism!"

When a mod is being actively racist, it's been very very obvious historically because the creators can't shut up about how racist they are.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

4/2/1k are the standard texture resolutions outside of the crazy people who want 8k eye textures. They (diffuse, normal, mask) should all be the same resolution. Don't mix a 4k normal map with a 1k diffuse, unless the diffuse is a solid color.

Cubemap resolution is whatever, there is no consistency for those things, and it's been a coin flip whether any given mod outfit even uses cubemaps. They're only there to provide basic reflections to metallic objects.

The Nexus wiki has a guide on making cubemaps
https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Creating_cubemaps_for_Skyrim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I think there are patches that trim that down? Check the requirements tab on the Nexus page, it will also list the mods that require LOTD, which will include any third-party patches.