Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah... The MO codebase is a loving poo poo show, but the progress the team has made thus far is impressive. It will be worth the wait.

In other news, ENB for Skyrim SE updated... Some new effects from old Skyrim... And it fixes the SE water reflection bug. Just need parallax and some Skse Plugins to be ported and I'll be able to switch for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yup, I've actually been one of the testers. It's getting really close to being usable.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

pyro_archvile posted:

What would be a good mod setup for SE?

I hear the cat tit and lizard schlong mods are quite popular

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
http://skse.silverlock.org/beta/skse64_2_00_06.7z ?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm not joking at all. It's an excellent historical analogue to Marcus Aurelius' war against the Norsemen, when many of his soldiers deserted, because they didn't have enough milk and eggs to bake bread.

:goonsay:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Help please. I've been following this guide

Everything was going smoothly. I installed everything, downloaded and activated my mods via NMM, then ran LOOT to organize, then ran Wyre Bash.

Unfortunately Bash ran into an issue: "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. Close the folder or file and try again. Docs folder."

In the process of re-installing Bash, I think the problem is that the Skyrim folder in my steam folder is located in the program files. As the following prompts:

The re-install led to the same problem of "Folder is open in another program."

The google results I've found for this are:
1. Reinstall Skyrim Outside of Program Files... Which meh....
2. Windows issues from forum posts made in 2014.

What should I do?

You probably should move your steamapps dir out of Program Files, but that particular issue occurs with Mod Organizer and the newer Windows 10 updates. Check the Mod Organizer discord #builds channel and you should find a dev version that doesn't have the problem with Bash.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Red Metal posted:

iirc bashed patches handle leveled lists better than merged patches, provided your mods have the proper bash tags

And mator smash better than both of those :smuggo:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Randaconda posted:

Believe the author quit working on Mator.

He is actually working on a new xEdit fork called zEdit, which is meant to be a swiss army knife patching tool, with merging, cleaning, etc. A good analogy is tes3cmd, but with a GUI, and way more extensible. Meant to replace Merge Plugins, Mator Smash, etc.

I wrote some words on how to get started with a Smashed Patch here.

Note that it won't work with .esl formatted Creation Club mods.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
SE is very good, I would say, from a modding perspective right now. Just need to get Enhanced Camera ported over and we should be close to parity with oldrim. You can probably get better ENB powered visuals with oldrim, but SE's ENB is getting updated more and more frequently and eventually looks like it will overtake oldrim soon.

I'd kill for good parallax and subsurface scattering in SE, though.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've been modding these lovely games for over a decade... On one hand, Arthmoor has contributed a ton to the tools and mod efforts.

On the other hand, what a shitlord.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Skwirl posted:

What are the big mods that still don't have a Special Edition port?

Enhanced Camera and kryptotyrs mods. Unplayable for me until it is.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Funky Valentine posted:

Mod that makes Tullius look like Doc Mitchell.

Not an empty quote

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Agents are GO! posted:

Bad facegen data.

This is why don't use NPC overhauls.

Same! Just texture replacers.

Also drnutt type tm into the console to toggle your UI

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Raygereio posted:

Don't include the game's executable, or the base game & DLC plugins & archives.

Also plugin load order/skyrimprefs/Nvidia settings but you'll probably end up spending just as much time getting that all to work...

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

yegods posted:

Come on guys, that's why mod packs are a good thing. Mod packs have given Minecraft a new life for the past 8 years or more. Play base MC?? never. But I can just load up Twitch, click on MC Mods, browse the packs for something that looks cool, click on install, click on play and I'm off. Skyrim? no, i gotta spend days following a damned mod guide, and then by the time it's working, I've lost interest. It's bullshit.

I would be very interested in downloading and playing through your guys' completed mod packs.

git gud

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Are there any mods that make equipment more like RDR2? Where I can only carry a single or limited number of weapons of each type?

Bonus points if there is a weapon wheel

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Raygereio posted:

Most of the problems are caused by lack of testing and unforeseen interactions with other quests.

bethesda.docx

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Agents are GO! posted:

Are you using SMIM? SMIM + Noble Skyrim looks great IMHO.

This. The 20XX mods look like garbage

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Most quest mods are VeryBad. I like Bruma, Moonpath, Vigilant, and trainwiz's stuff. The creation club stuff is also not terrible in terms of production value.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

nine-gear crow posted:

Helgen Reborn's got a lot of charm to it that outweighs its negatives too, I find.

I thought the voice acting (and compatibility) was pretty poop. But oh well

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Mod piracy has been banned for a while now

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Imagine enjoying poop socking Skyrim

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I really just want something that is like viva new vegas for skyrim. Everything ends up being huge lists with giant custom patches

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is there a good Vanilla+ list, maybe modular like Viva New Vegas for FNV? I'm itching to play again but only want the core fixes, slightly improved graphics, and maybe basic mechanic fixes.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

ThaumPenguin posted:

I've been using the Elysium Wabbajack modlist for the last month or so. It's a branch of the Phoenix Flavour that incorporates EnaiSaion's gameplay overhauls, Legacy of the Dragonborn, as well as some other content. I've been having a fun time with it, would recommend.

Does it use plastic barbie tits?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Wow yeah, Elysium looks sweet. drat shame Cyberpunk comes out right now but I'll probably keep that list on update just in case. Thanks goons.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I just finished about 8 hours into Elysium and I think I'm going to look for another mod list. It looks very good and LOTD is great, but I'm pissed that Delphine looks like a barbie and the dodge/combat/stamina is way too aggressive and I feel like I need to poopsock.

Any lists that support creation club and are non nudity/barbie NPCs?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Elysium

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
luv 2 mod the same BBB beautiful babes of skyrim tits for 15 years

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Seems like it's just reskinned mining

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is there a good list that is just vanilla+ visuals?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

v1ld posted:

Artificer has been released.

Simonrim looks dope, I haven't played this game in over a year but want to get back in. Any good Wabbajack lists with simonrim or whatever overhaul?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, the cities list is somewhere in my terrible post history in this thread. Let me find it real quick:

I've changed it since then so I'll post an updated version when I'm off work, but thr Cities of thr North/Great Cities stuff is rock solid.

Basically swap out Settlements Expanded for most of this dude's village mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/2527296

Is there a wabba Jack with these?