Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
How come the nexus keeps track of every mod you've downloaded over the lifetime of your account, but is unable to see the current downloaded mods from the client you use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

telling you when you last downloaded a file from the mod's page is better than I'd expect tbh

Oh drat. Think I haven't been seeing that part. Thanks.

I just figured even if you could upload a generated list of the mods by your client. And yes, you mentioned what about people who don't use a client. They could offer multiple methods like they do with a manually download button, and a client download button.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Oh gently caress has that happened?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Fuzz posted:

His tantrum bullshit has apparently kicked into high gear for VR, which he apparently hates and went out of his way to make USSEP UNsupport because reasons, so yeah... need another option.

that's hilarious.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

quote:

The permissions currently in place are:
* CanExtractBSAs - When this is set to `false` Wabbajack will not extract any files from the flagged BSA. Doesn't really affect most mod users
* CanModifyAssets - When set to false, Wabbajack won't binary patch this mod's dds, png, psc, pex, or nif files. Also rather rare operation
* CanModifyESPs - When set to false Wabbajack won't binary patch this mod's ESPs or ESMs. This a modlist author won't be able to clean, form 44 convert, flag as ESL, or perform other xEdit tasks on the file and have the propagated by WJ.
* CanUseInOtherGames - When set to false, Wabbajack will refuse to use this mod in any other game than the one the mod was found under in the Nexus.

Awesome. What a fun group of people.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I see lots of talk about Wabbajack and automation, but where do people publish their mod list installations at?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I had a mod setup last year that spawned a bunch of rieklings with a 'boss' riekling on a boar, along the way to Riverwood at the start of the game. Any ideas what I had done to enable this?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Thank y'all. It was Immersive Creatures.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
The number of extra tools involved always seems time prohibitive until I remember that the work of modding is the game.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Sounds like they're becoming burnt out supporting giant unwieldy mod installs that aren't at all stable even compared to vanilla.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
idk I don't expect any mod creator to act rationally as they live within an ecosystem of constantly being messaged lol

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Mods of this very board complain about the reporting queue, and i think between nexusmods and reddit and twitter and email, mod creators are inundated by very much more noise overall. Not defending them. just explaining why many seem to crack.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
The internet is a game of telephone.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i will never install the creation kit.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I naively thought wabbajack was going to get me playing this game again. I've never looked into files though to get around using nexus.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Quickloot re/se not being updated, nor reimplemented by another, during quarantine is tragic.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Myron Baloney posted:

Knocking bandits off the top of Valtheim Towers from every imaginable hiding spot and watching them drop, burning, into the river will never get old.

have never gotten even past the first act of the main quest, but always clear valtheim this way every game

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Nice. Will install once it's published.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

7seven7 posted:

Are there any working mods for SE that allow you to fast travel when indoors? I've tried Mark's Fast Travel From Interiors, Fast Travel When Indoors (the latest version), and Fast Travel From Interiors and they're all either out of date or just don't work.

Fast travel is already pretty generous in Skyrim, but sometimes when I'm three levels deep into a dungeon it can feel pretty claustrophobic and I just wanna teleport to the surface to breathe free again.

I have no trouble with Fast Travel When Indoors from a new installation of skyrim with 131 active mods.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Just figured out that i've always been playing skyrim at like an average of 15 to 20 fps. This sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

amazing.