Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Are there any recommended mod lists for the Xbox one version of Skyrim se? I have not hosed around at all with this version so I have no clue what kind of mods are available and what’s good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Arcsquad12 posted:

Does SKSE even have a way to work with Xbone? That alone cuts you off from a lot of mods that need its framework to function.

The version available on Xbox One is Skyrim: Special Edition, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Edit: You probably mean Script Extender, not Special Edition, whoops I'm dumb.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I decided to make life way harder for myself and play with mods on my Xbox Series x and I'm having a very annoying problem.

I play a Dunmer and my skin tone keeps getting whitewashed out of the character creator. Like super super pale. I'm using Cathedral character overhaul, but then with Tempered Skins for Males (Rugged) because otherwise my character would look like he's a million years old. He looked fine in character creation but leaving it he became pale white/grey. I'm also using Character Creation Overhaul AIO which has let me pop back into character creation but I can't fix it in a way that works.

I'm mostly using this load order: https://www.reddit.com/r/SkyrimModsXbox/comments/rwn7ay/stable_load_order_at_least_50_hours_modlist_in/

I cut some stuff out and added in Wyrmtooth, Song of the Green and Tempered Skins.

Is there a better but still smallish skin option to use instead of Tempered Skins that will keep my character darker skinned?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Epi Lepi posted:

I decided to make life way harder for myself and play with mods on my Xbox Series x and I'm having a very annoying problem.

I play a Dunmer and my skin tone keeps getting whitewashed out of the character creator. Like super super pale. I'm using Cathedral character overhaul, but then with Tempered Skins for Males (Rugged) because otherwise my character would look like he's a million years old. He looked fine in character creation but leaving it he became pale white/grey. I'm also using Character Creation Overhaul AIO which has let me pop back into character creation but I can't fix it in a way that works.

I'm mostly using this load order: https://www.reddit.com/r/SkyrimModsXbox/comments/rwn7ay/stable_load_order_at_least_50_hours_modlist_in/

I cut some stuff out and added in Wyrmtooth, Song of the Green and Tempered Skins.

Is there a better but still smallish skin option to use instead of Tempered Skins that will keep my character darker skinned?

So not only is his skin extremely pale in 3rd person, there is no pigment at all in first person....

Is this a common issue?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
What body/face/skin mods does septimus use? Anyone who uses it play as a Dunmer? How do they look using that setting. Since my Xbox endeavor failed and I have a better comp that I have in years I might just buy Skyrim on pc like god intended and septimus sounds pretty cool.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Refried Hero posted:

Directly from my MO2 screen -

It basically looks like HQ vanilla as far as I can tell.

Hopefully if I give this a shot the Dunmer won't end up whitewashed like happened in my xbox try lol.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Lawman 0 posted:

Septimus also included a literal waifu mod that I forgot about, gamers are a waste. :ughh: x 10000

Which waifu are you cringing at?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Lawman 0 posted:

All of them but in particular Mirai.

I was gonna call you a dweeb because cringing is cringe, but no, that one looks pretty lame.

I'm traveling with Lydia, Arissa, Lucien and Auri right now. It's fun to roll 5 deep in Skyrim.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Wiltsghost posted:

Septimus seems to be pretty popular. A new version is in beta and should be out by the end of the week. Looks to be pretty good. New weather and a bunch of other stuff.

There's no point trying to update without a clean restart right?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I added NFF to my Septimus play through and haven’t had any issues. Unfortunately the follower who’s gear I want to change most is Lucien and he’s got his own framework that doesn’t let you mess with his robes which is a bummer. I console commanded him to wear different robes once but when I gave him an item a little later it reverted.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

SetSliRol posted:

Looks like Skyrim Together is putting out a full release next week.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkyrimTogether/comments/vp3wm7/skyrim_together_reborn_release_announcement/

They also allow modded setups, which I don't think the original beta worked with.

My buddies and I are going to give this a shot next week. I'm looking through the instructions and stuff and they harp (understandably) on doing a clean install and such. The only install of Skyrim I have is my Septimus install which is in a whole separate folder on my C Drive. How much do I actually need to uninstall to be safe? I'd prefer to be able to swap back and forth between my Septimus profile and Skyrim Together if possible so I'm not sure where to start.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
My buddies and I tried out Skyrim Together Reborn tonight along with some extra mods and it worked surprisingly well. Especially since on of my friends didn't actually activate half of his mods. I had some glitches where npcs would just be naked for no reason and SkyUI was a little weird but overall, fun time.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

A Sometimes Food posted:

First impression trying Septimus was me trying to make a Redguard dragonborn and finding they took out all the curled hair and the darkest skin tone was now really light.

Lmao modders.

Oof. Ironically, whatever skin shader is included in Septimus(2 is the version I'm using, not sure if it's the same or different) was the best shader I've used for making my Dark Elf dragonborn actually dark.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I've been running around my Septimus playthrough with Lucien, Auri, Lydia and sometimes Arissa. I die a ton cause I'm bad and/or there's some combat tweaks happening that I didn't bother reading in the modlist. I'm gonna do Wyrmstooth soon/at some point and I know you get a whole band of mercenaries. Will it be overkill if I roll 10 deep or whatever I will end up being or should I leave my homies behind?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I've been playing Septimus 2 since early this year, and it's been dope. Does anyone know if there's a changelog between Septimus 2 and 3? I assume I can't/shouldn't update in the same playthrough right or everything will break right?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I have a probably dumb question. Are there categories of mods that are more or less "safe" to drop in to an existing playthrough? Like early in my current Septimus 2 playthrough I added in NFF and wearable lanterns, maybe something else that I'm forgetting that's minor and those worked fine. I'm much deeper in my playthrough now and while I don't want to start over, I do get the itch to see if there are other mods that I'd want to drop in.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Can anyone shed some light on if there's anything I should/could do about a bug I'm experiencing?

My Septimus 2 playthrough that I started in January has been very stable and I have been using Blackthorn as my base of operations and it has been very cool. But some weapons will not stay on the weapon mounts and at least one of the storage chests seems to be dropping duplicated items into my foyer somehow. I actually lost one weapon, a random frost enchated whip I encountered called Borealis. I had it on a wall mount and it seems to have fallen off and into the geometry, I can't find it again. It and two other weapons, the Sunder Replica from the Moon & Star mod and a hammer called Doriana's Hammer, will not stay on any rack or wall mounts and when I put the latter two into a chest in Blackthorn Manor's trophy room duplicates somehow show up in front of the front door every so often. Not sure if it's every time I leave and come back or every time I sleep in the manor or what.

Oh, another thing I'm not sure is a bug, there are mounts for each of the dragon priest masks but when I place the one I have on the bust it doesn't visually show up. Should it?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I use NFF and it's exactly what I want for standard/3dnpc followers. Sucks that Nether sucks but I'm not paying him and I didn't get the mod from any creep site so I'll continue to use it.

There's probably a lot of functionality that I'm not even using yet but it's allowed me to do everything I've wanted so far. Big for me was being able to assign any followers managed through it to a specific "home base" that the mod can set. I use Blackthorn and Blackthorn has a follower barracks building that I've been sending all of my adventurer friends who I've grown tired of to. It's nice to have them all in one place in case I want to use them again.

It also helped me fix a bug with a 3dnpc follower last night. I told a follower to wait but she didn't have a dialogue option to follow me again and so she was stuck until I used the "Command Followers" power that I assume came from NFF and I was able to make her follow me again.

I know that NFF has a lot of equipment management and outfit tools but they confuse me a little so I haven't messed with that much. I need to find like a video demonstrating it. I was trying with Lydia at one point and I just kept ending up with her naked.

The custom script followers like Lucien can't be managed with NFF but that hasn't been a big deal for me. The other ones I'm using that don't work with NFF are Arissa and Kaidan for reference.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Okay I'm going to requote myself for some help and also I have an additional question.

First, my initial questions related to some Blackthorn Manor glitches that I'm wondering if I can solve or if I should just deal with it:

Epi Lepi posted:

Can anyone shed some light on if there's anything I should/could do about a bug I'm experiencing?

My Septimus 2 playthrough that I started in January has been very stable and I have been using Blackthorn as my base of operations and it has been very cool. But some weapons will not stay on the weapon mounts and at least one of the storage chests seems to be dropping duplicated items into my foyer somehow. I actually lost one weapon, a random frost enchated whip I encountered called Borealis. I had it on a wall mount and it seems to have fallen off and into the geometry, I can't find it again. It and two other weapons, the Sunder Replica from the Moon & Star mod and a hammer called Doriana's Hammer, will not stay on any rack or wall mounts and when I put the latter two into a chest in Blackthorn Manor's trophy room duplicates somehow show up in front of the front door every so often. Not sure if it's every time I leave and come back or every time I sleep in the manor or what.

Oh, another thing I'm not sure is a bug, there are mounts for each of the dragon priest masks but when I place the one I have on the bust it doesn't visually show up. Should it?

Second, part of Septimus 2 was the Serana Relationship Revamped mod. When I installed back in January that mod was on 1.1Beta, and now it's on 1.3 and has a lot of changes. I have not met Serana yet in my playthrough so I am debating updating the mod. The mod author says that a fresh playthrough is obviously for the best but the worst case scenario is the scripts don't fire for some reason. Does that imply that my worst case scenario is that Serana will not work at all or that the mod will not work at all but base Serana will still function? I'm probably going to go ahead and risk it as while I'd like to do Dawnguard again and experience modded Serana, I have done Dawnguard in the past and I could live with not doing it again on this playthrough. I just want to set my expectations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Is Helgen reborn worth it? It's apparently a part of Septimus 2 but I forgot about it and never enabled the mod(the mod instructions say not to enable it until after the intro). Should I bother?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
On the player housing topic I use Blackthorn as my base of operations and there are apparently patches to place it pre built if you don't want to deal with the bullshit of creating the whole town.

It's very cool but there are some bugs and glitches. I mentioned in a previous post that sometimes the weapons do not sit on the mounts correctly and will fall off when I leave and come back. I also see duplicated weapons sitting in the foyer when I come back sometimes. Also one of the dragon priest masks does not show visually when I place is on the bust, Vokun I think. I finally got a second mask and that one does work so no idea what the deal is there. There are also some weird lighting glitches but that's not much of a big deal to me.

One thing I recently noticed is that Blackthorn Manor does not appear in dialogue lists of player houses. Like when I've told an orphan or pet to go home, the vanilla and CC houses I own show up but not Blackthorn. It sounds like the Multiple Adoption Mod might be able to fix that? I am interested in installing that and "My Home is Your Home" so I can tell Lucien/Kaiden/Arissa to got to Blackthorn instead of their default places when I dismiss them. I just don't know if those are "safe" to install mid playthrough, or if MHiYH will actually do what I want it to, I'm never sure what plays right with custom framework followers.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I'm using the Septimus 2 loadout and I've just learned my screenshots aren't saving.

When I hit the PrintScreen button I get a notice that the shot is saved to C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition but when I go to the folder there are no screenshots to be seen.

What could be causing this? I have no idea if it's a mod issue, a Skyrim issue, a permissions issue. I'm lost.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Wiltsghost posted:

Does Septimus 2 use stock folder? If so I would check there rather than steam. I've found that it usually doesn't save where it says it does for screenshots.

It does thank you! I couldn't find them because they're not even saving as the same filetype as the notification says.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Question for people who frequently start new characters: don't you hate going through the beginning of the main quest over and over? Do you do the same side quests/faction quests every time?

I just can't imagine starting over, even though I've discovered mods I'd like to try but would be safer to start a new save to do so.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

piano chimp posted:

E: I'm sure this has been discussed to death but just wanted to call out how amazing the Wabbajack system is. Having a 1600+ modlist download automatically and have it run perfectly first time from an isolated install location is completely bonkers.

It's truly a revelation, I've tried so many times going all the way back to Morrowind to play a modded Elder Scrolls/Fallout game but not until this year when I discovered Wabbajack and Septimus 2 have I actually been able to play the game.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Some thoughts about the follower mods I've been using if anyone cares.

Follower mods are some of my favorite mods, and I've been very happy that my Septimus 2 list has a bunch. I've had a great time with Lucien, Auri, and Kaidan as well as a lot of the 3DNPC's that I've encountered. I have Inigo installed but haven't added him to my posse because at a certain point there's just too many people following me how do I choose who else to get rid of?

However, one of the followers included in my list is Mirai "The Girl with the Dragon Heart" and hoo boy this one sucks. Mirai is written to be a bratty 17 year old that you can eventually marry which is red flags galore. It doesn't stop there though, the quest involved is very lackluster and lore breaking in a way I don't dig. The whole thing is buggy as poo poo too. Lot's of points where an NPC is supposed to follow you or speak to another NPC that just don't trigger. For some reason Mirai's custom follower framework causes issues with my other followers, both custom and handled by NFF. A lot of them getting lost or stuck that wasn't happening before I started the Mirai quests. Follower summons (atronachs, familiars etc) can lead to follower infighting in my experience but hers seemed particularly prone to it.

If your curious about the lore breaking aspect: her deal is she's the descendant of Miraak and so also can shout and speak the dragon language.

If this save ever dies I definitely will not be using that mod again. I think the only big follower mods I have left to try in this modlist is Inigo and Frozen in Time aka not another snow elf waifu mod. I can put up with the waifu mod if she's useful and doesn't bug my game out but it's unlikely she'll replace my regular crew. I had Arissa for a while and she was a fine follower but her dialogue triggered a bit too much and frequently over either npc's talking to me or my other followers talking to each other so I retired her after her quest was done.

Lucien, Auri and Kaidan all have banter with each other so it's tough for other followers to compete. I think Inigo has banter with all of them as well so I really should go find him again.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Cavauro posted:

Inigo is probably the best follower mod and I'd suggest dropping Kaidan for him since I don't think he has reciprocal banter with that one. if he's too important then drop Auri instead since she has the fewest lines overall. Or just carry a big rear end party

I was running with 7 for a while, those three plus Lydia (because I need a tank/pack mule and felt bad making my "real friends" fit the role), Arvis the Bulwark(using the more interesting Arvis mod or whatever it's called that splices in new dialogue for him) and Meresine and Anum-La from 3DNPCs. I'm rich as hell so I don't feel the need to grab everything in sight anymore so I think I'm finally ready to retire Lydia. 7 was a whole lot though especially when I'd run into a quest that added a temporary follower, and then all my issues with Mirai's quest had me telling everyone but my main 3 amigos to go home for a while.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Cavauro posted:

Inigo is probably the best follower mod and I'd suggest dropping Kaidan for him since I don't think he has reciprocal banter with that one. if he's too important then drop Auri instead since she has the fewest lines overall. Or just carry a big rear end party

I spent a few hours tonight with Inigo and, yes, he is wonderful. Very much enjoying his banter with Lucien.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I asked a while ago but didn't get a response at the time, I have a weird bug that's annoying but not game breaking. Almost every time I enter Blackthorn Manor (modded player house/town in the Riften area) copies of two weapons that I had stored on weapon racks spawn on the floor of the entryway and I have no idea why or how to stop it. The original items are now stored in a safe and not on racks, and the two items are a magic hammer named Doriana and a Sunder Replica. I think they are both from other modded content, but I am not sure which.

It's not game breaking but it is annoying. Especially because at some point the Doriana got flagged as stolen so I have to go to a fence to get rid of it.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Not sure what happened but I had a stressful experience tonight. I was back at Blackthorn Manor to pick up some followers I had dropped off, Meresine and Anum-La the Swamp Knight and for some reason Anum-La was nowhere to be found. I tried the moveto command and player.moveto command but she would not show up.

I don't know if there is a better way to do this but what I ended up doing was disabling her and re-enabling her in the console and then I was able to use the moveto command. Except I had to do it twice because it reset her inventory to it's default so I had to reload, open her inventory through the console and take everything and then I did the disable re-enable dance. Hopefully none of her scripts are messed up. I did her initial 3DNPC quest but I think she's involved in others, hopefully they work if/when I do them.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Zosologist posted:

I just spent 5 hours over 2 days getting the wabbajack list Septimus 4 to run natively on the Steam Deck, only to realize it doesn't include Legacy of the Dragonborn anymore. anyone got any suggestions for modlists?

I think on the Septimus Discord someone just made Legacy of the Dragonborn work again, there was an "@everyone" post about it that I skimmed.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Just want to say that Interesting NPCs has some real cool stuff in it. I've had a decent amount of quest stages break that I've had to fix with setstage but the quality of the quests themselves have been pretty good for the most part.

Shout out to Anum-La the Swamp Knight, she's a top tier follower on par with Lucien and Inigo(who is an absolute delight I'm glad I finally started using him).

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
A while back I was doing the Blood of Kings Interesting NPCs questline and I had to use console commands to get through a stage because a courier never showed up for me.

Fast forward to last night and I'm in Midwood Isle and I see there's supposed to be some follow up quests to one's I'd finished that were supposed to start with courier letters. I did some googling and people recommended using the moveto player command to trigger the courier and when I did so I got about a dozen letters. A couple of inheritance letters, the BoK letter I never got, some letters for quests that I have no idea what they are, could be things I finished already, could be new.

Luckily I think I "unstuck" the courier cause he actually showed up naturally for me later on in the evening.

Just wanted to let people know that that's a thing if they haven't encountered a courier in a while.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

ThaumPenguin posted:

How are you liking Midwood Isle so far? It's included in the modlist (Septimus 3) I've been using in my tenously ongoing playthrough, but I never went there.

It's okay overall. Not spectacular so far but not terrible.

You get a forced follower for a lot of the main quest(I have not completed the main quest yet), but I actually like him. The writing as a whole is not terrible, but nothing spectacular so far. Some good voice acting(your follower), a lot of mediocre to bad voice acting. Not a lot of enemy variety. I'm going to keep going and finish it since I don't think it will take that long to do so but I'm also kind of ready to go back to Skyrim proper.

It's the first "Other Land" mod I've played so far so I don't know how it compares to the other big ones. I'm on Septimus 2 so I assume we both have Wyrmstooth, Bruma, Moonpath to Elsweyr etc. I'm definitely reminded often that I am in a mod.

Oh also, the sonmer are all pretty ugly in Septimus 2 which is rough.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I'm not very good at understanding modding so I'm never sure when I download a female follower mod if she's going to have dummy fat tits or if it's going to use the default bodies that I have installed. I can't take the gigantic anime tits seriously, I just want normal proportioned people!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Zeron posted:

I recently started that exact modpack actually. It seems pretty good. It looks surprisingly nice, combat isn't too difficult or easy etc. My only gripe with it so far is it includes a bunch of npc mods like Interesting NPCs which I despise.

Interesting NPCs has Anum-La who is one of the best followers in the game so it's good actually.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Agents are GO! posted:

Got a source on that? Not doubting you, I'd like to know more.

The subreddit was abuzz this morning because the new Serana dialogue mod that used AI to create more Laura Bailey lines went down.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I've done a couple quest/new land mods in my playthrough so I'd figure I'd give my thoughts on them:

Midwood Isle was solid for me, I do not regret it but I would not play it again. The island itself was not the most exciting to explore and the quests were just okay. The strongest things about the quests was that I was never unsure of where I was going or what I should do. There were a few neat set-pieces but I was ready to be done with the mod well before I was actually done with it. You get a follower named Tyrek who I really enjoyed, he was my favorite part of the mod. There are a couple Ayleid ruins which did give me some fun Oblivion nostalgia. My last thought is that I'm not sure if it's always the case or just the result of my particular mods but the Sun Elves were all ugly as gently caress.

Moonpath to Elsweyr was not enjoyable for me. It really shows it's age and being made before the Creation Kit came out you can't entirely hold it against the mod but it's still not the most fun. I don't know if I missed some dialogue but I definitely never felt like I understood why I was going anywhere or doing anything. It gets points for the varied environments even though those environments are just different rooms cells in what is really just a large dungeon. The wildlife was cool as well, that was another plus. I use Lucien a lot and was told that he has dialogue for Moonpath but unfortunately they never triggered for me and I have no idea why. So not exactly a knock on the mod but it was a downer for my experience overall.

Forgotten City was another solid experience for me. I really liked the concept, and getting to learn about the characters was interesting but I accidentally triggered an early ending to the quest so I didn't get to fully experience everything and did not want to restart to try to do something different. I am tempted to play the full game version at some point. Spoilers I did not have patience for the timeloop mechanic as it seemed like you needed to do a lot of steps each loop the same way so I was kind of glad for the early ending. I also have a bug where I randomly trigger NPCs to think my character stole something which isn't a big deal in the rest of my playthrough but was a REALLY big deal since that triggers the Dwarves Law in this case. If that wasn't constantly happening to me I might have tried to replay and get different endings

Clockwork was really cool to me. The shortest of these quest/new lands mods that I have played so far, it had some very effective (for me) creepy bits and the player house you get seems really cool. If I hadn't committed to Blackthorn Town being my home base I would consider moving to Clockwork Manor. The story was good in my opinion, my biggest issue was some of the maps are too big and open and hard to keep track of where you have been if you're like me and looking in every corner for gold. Again I really enjoyed the spooky creepy bits and while other people might think they were goofy I was in the right mindset to be legitimately creeped out at times. This one also probably had the best rewards of the mods I've listed if you count Clockwork Manor itself.

I've started Wyrmstooth and I'm very excited to continue it when I get the chance and I believe I have Beyond Skyrim-Bruma also installed.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

VostokProgram posted:

forgotten city: IIRC there are not that many iterations of the loop if you follow all the clues and stuff. I think it was 3? I don't remember it being tedious to get the good ending.

do the trainwiz mods work on special edition?

If I didn't have the particular bug I mentioned in my post I probably would have been fine. Like I'd walk out a door and all of a sudden the Dwarves Law alarms would happen and I'd have no idea what caused it. Very annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

King Vidiot posted:

Adding mods to Wabbajack is way, way more fiddly than manually installing one mod at a time, because the list author probably did all kinds of extra work that is going to break if you put the wrong mod in without combing through every other mod to look for conflicts. Or maybe it's just me, the guy who only knows how to click links on the Nexus and then run LOOT and cross my fingers whenever I launch.

I've just never had a Wabbajack list work after adding another mod to it, ever.

I added like a dozen mods to Septimus 2 when I was playing and never had issues. I added NFF, the Light & Shade companion mod, a couple other companions that I can't remember. I'm blanking on what else I modded in and I can't check right now but it probably depends on what kind of mods you add in. If you're adding in something the Wabbajack list already handles then you're gonna be in trouble.

e: Also I never moved the load order, I just added new stuff to the bottom of the list. Changing the order changes reference numbers in game and I think that could also be your problem. While certain things are technically supposed to be in certain places in your list I think once you've started your better off not loving with the order.

I have no clue what I'm doing though so take what I say with a grain of salt.