Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
So in terms of combat changing mods I have SPERG and Deadly Combat installed; would either of those possibly be the cause of a character being seemingly ridiculously overpowered? Like, most enemies die with one swing of my longsword even on Expert Difficulty overpowered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So in moving my Skyrim install from my old laptop to a new desktop, I seem to have accidentally activated Dragon Combat Overhaul on the new computer... and I really don't like that mod. There was a reason I disabled it; not sure why I didn't delete it.

No big, I thought, I'd just deactivate it now.

Apparently doing so somehow breaks my game in that the in-game time scale keeps getting raised by 200, so that I end up with the game running at multiple minutes a second. Naturally this is not only annoying visually but it wreaks havoc with iNeed because it only takes a few seconds for my hunger, thirst, and fatigue to get into the red. Is there some secret to uninstalling DCO?

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

incogneato posted:

This was from last page, but I'm kind of curious about this also. I'm just using SPERG (no combat mods), but I feel like I'm leveling really fast. I'm just following the usual start of the game, a little ways into Bleak Falls Barrow, and I'm already nearly level 6, even with passive armor leveling toned down. Is that normal? It's been so many years since I played Skyrim (vanilla or otherwise) that I can't even remember.

Ah, well, to put this in context: my current playthrough is a level 51 Orc with 100 Skill in Heavy Armor and a full set of enchanted Legendary gear. I expect to be a bit overpowered, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be carving through basically everything but dragons in 2 to 3 attacks.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Well gently caress. Now I've run into another even more ridiculous problem. There's some script running that, for no apparent reason, unequips all slots and completely locks me out of all controls except the Escape Menu, Wait, and Camera controls. And using Player.tc doesn't give me control back.

Edit: never mind problem solved. A script from Immersive Beds was lagging like hell.

Chaltab fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Aug 26, 2016

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So I've run into a bizarre problem in Skyrim in which I'm randomly getting messages regarding 'Green dots' that represent your health and something about a spell that fixes your robot? It's as if I've initiated a minigame except I haven't, and nothing happens except I get locked out of controlling my character. The only think I can think I'm running that would have a robot fighting minigame is Brhuce Hammar Legacy, but that mod isn't even activated on this save.

Chaltab fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 9, 2016

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Edit: And should I wait for skyrim special edition, or does it not really matter that much?
Waiting is a little bit pointless actually: since Skyrim Special Edition is going to be running on 64-bit code, some mods will have to be rewritten to function with the new code, which will take time. Plus since a lot of mod creators have noped out of the community for various reasons, some mods will probably never be reworked for the special edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

ThaumPenguin posted:

Someone on /r/SkyrimMods pointed out the inevitable has happened:

Time to update my filters.

e: There's a unique filter for MLP.

That's not what the front page currently looks like.

I don't have any filters on that would block those either.

Edit; oh wait I had 'Not Lore Friendly' blocked. ...Why I don't even care about lore.

Chaltab fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 30, 2016