Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Of course the day I think yeah sure I could replay Skyrim Nexus is busy making GBS threads itself. Good OP though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Same reason there are one batrillion ENB presets fondling themselves as "cinematic" when they just make everything dull and lovely.

Orv
May 4, 2011
THE MOD THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR SKYRIM EXPERIENCE FOREVER.

Made by a somewhat talented five year old.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Aren't we defensive.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So honestly because I am interested, what does that thing entail? 2.5GB is 2K textures for the entire game kind of size.

Orv
May 4, 2011
See that seems neat in a Well now I've done everything, delete save kind of way, but I take it the description of kind of ran away with itself isn't entirely unfounded.

Orv
May 4, 2011
IIRC he started loving with it at one point and the outcry was large enough because it's one of the essentials that he stopped.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Turns out if you have a mod with an ESM that hasn't been properly converted for SE yet, extracting the BSA to loose files will let SE run it just fine. Little buggy in places but mostly in missing textures ways, rather than enormous crashes. Means I can run my preferred ETAC + Dawn of Skyrim setup on SE.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah textures and meshes are fine to just go, though some meshes might be a little funky because of the increased flora placement.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I guarantee you most of the MUH IMMERSION people haven't even heard of Robinson's Requiem. It's a separate phenomenon where people mistake verisimilitude (:barf:) for realism. Or fun, more accurately. You see it all the time in other genres besides RPG mods.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Burns posted:

On frostfall: a bunch of fuction was removed (such as key bindings) from this edition. Im sure once skse is updated these functions will be reintroduced.

Yeah a large part of what makes Frostfall tweakable to my liking is done through SKSE stuff like assigning warmth values to other armors or cranking up the ones already there. As a vanilla experience Frostfall falls pretty hard into the harsh for realisms sake trap, at least for me.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That's uh, vanilla.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Inepta Lacerta posted:

There's a compatibility patch out for Vivid Weathers + True Storms already. Plus the game looks pretty darn fantastic with those weathers (and a bit of tweaking with ReShade):

Hey, that Reshade doesn't look like a colorblind person made it, what is it?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Crappy Jack posted:

It's not. Arthmoor himself recorded that line and added it into the Unofficial Skyrim patch. The mod Shut Up, (Dragon name) was made specifically to remove that one line of dialog, because gently caress that guy.

Huh, has USKP really been around that long that I remember that as normal? poo poo, loving time is awful.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Alright yeah, the internet tells me that line is vanilla as there are posts about it before USKP existed, so :shrug:

Good on you for having some aesthetic sense. Thanks.

Orv
May 4, 2011
SE does pretty well automagically with mods off the Bethesda site but otherwise you're going to have to read mod pages and readmes real carefully for the moment.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Inepta Lacerta, your reshade does some funky stuff to loading screens and menus, but otherwise looks great. Good jorb.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Define "pretty much every realism mod" because I'm going to shoot from the hip here and say you're hitting the memory limit of Oldrim pretty hard.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Trogdos! posted:

Installing this shouldn't wreck an ongoing game save, right?

Not at all.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Give.

Orv
May 4, 2011
A great deal of the mods you might consider necessary or highly important are being updated, most of the big mod and tech makers have come back, aside from a couple shitfits like the SkyUI guy. Weather, textures, characters, gameplay, most of all the big stuff is being updated. If you have some little mods that you can't live without, there is where you'll find problems getting official updates.

Narcissism, highly efficient, who knew?

Orv fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 5, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nope that's pretty much character overhauls for you.

XCE is probably the least offensive in that regard.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh poo poo right, grabbing that. Thanks.

Orv
May 4, 2011
LITERALLY NEVER.

It'll probably be a bit.

Orv fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 10, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011

Burns posted:

Have any of you played around with uGrids settings yet?

I'm not a computer wizard but I imagine that instability is an issue of not-Gamebryo rather than something the 64-bit upgrade fixed.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Stand tall my son, stand brave
As you answer, sword in hand
To the calling of the drums

Don't quit your... whatever it is your do, Arthmoor.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Danger Will Robinson.

Orv
May 4, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

No, that's not what I mean. The OP is actually not useful for what you're asking because I have slacked off on updating it. Yours was a fair question, I'm just useless!

Speaking of which, apparently Xenius bitched off the internet so you need another character overhaul up there.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Uh, is mod piracy actually covered under SA piracy rules now?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I doubt it, since SA can't be sued over mod piracy and that's the major reason the piracy rules were ever made.

I mean, 95% of the reasons mods aren't available anymore boil down to "Someone said something mean about something a thin-skinned autist made so they took their ball and went home" and gently caress those people.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I just wanted Morrowind in Skyrim, and they've gone so insanely far past that into "our vision!" weirdness that I just can't care anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
E: :drat:

Well you see modders are just as important and professional as game devs and

Orv fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 20, 2017