Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
So I want to do a mage playthrough, and was looking into mods for the special edition.

Mostly I'm interested in extra spells mods, and some searching revealed Odin, Mysticism, Arcanum, and Triumvirate as mods that are recommended. Are there other mods I should look into? Also, what's the best way for me to actually deal with putting mods into the game at this point in time?

Edit: I'd also be interested in a mod that swaps out the reduce magic usage on armor with increase damage or something similar - I find it a bit silly that you should optimally not put points in magic as a mage because you eventually can just negate all magic usage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

I like building up a town as like quests where you like get material so they can build a windmill or help them decide what to build etc. Cause this way you can still actually write towns to have personalities which the FO4 sandbox building didn't.

There was a really fun Fallout 4 mod where you would build bedrooms and shops and things and the NPCs would move in and decorate them from a series of random templates that people had made. The settlement would level up over time and with investment, and the rooms would get more complicated and the industrial stuff they could do would likewise get more complex. It was a really, really neat mod, but kind of had some problems where it wasn't particularly stable, especially if you made the mistake of trying to set things up in the starting town, the nearby gas station, and the other town nearby that because of some limits as to how much stuff could be processed at once.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Seems like you have bad taste in jokes.

Some people gristle at that tripe of humor.