Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

yeah sorry it's still great

I hope you get well soon though

*opens meshes in 3d editor*

have you SEEN these vertexes? *scoffs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

speaking of things you can see without a magnifying glass

if I had a free evening I would go and clean up all the terrible grammar, cutting corners on meshes and textures I can see, those take a lot of work

but not capitalizing hundreds of words in your 1000+ hours of work magnum opus seems real weird

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Orv posted:

So honestly because I am interested, what does that thing entail? 2.5GB is 2K textures for the entire game kind of size.

remember the museum of artifacts for morrowind? you could donate (or sell) your crap to a museum that would display them

this is that except for skyrim and they accept basically every unique item ever, and autoincludes any supported mod you might run (like moonpath which I think is fully integrated). eg if you run "more unique loot" or whatever and it supports it, you suddenly have a new wing of the museum to put stuff in.

and on top of that it has additional items from previous games that were missing and added in as well as some quests to find said items

it's the closest thing to a skyrim achievement mod since the skyrim achievement mod

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

it has a lot of content, sure, but I wouldn't say it ran away with itself

it has a few moments that are written poorly but that's par for the course with skyrim mods

it's......good......8/10 but I probably wouldn't ever play without it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

classify all negative comments as cyberharassment and contact the authorities asap

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

in the article he said MO2 is not being finished

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I think a lot of modders are either really young or are really sheltered. Accepting criticism is a skill you learn fairly quickly in the real world. If they took a step back and saw they're tearing up over a ten word comment they might also have the selfawareness to realize they're spending hundreds of hours of their life making skyrim mods and never come back.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

there are only varying levels of good

good (endorse)
and double-plus good (endorse + vote)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jackard posted:

Gotcha. Another question, when I was setting everything up yesterday I mistakenly installed Mod Organizer to the Program Files (x86) folder

Can I move MO out of there or do I need to uninstall+reinstall it?

as with everything skyrim related, you CAN just move it but you should probably uninstall/reinstall.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

how anyone plays frostfall for more than an hour amazes me

it's a tedious minigame that puts a lot of strain on your game and adds a lot of crap you will never use. MAYBE if you're going full on realistic needs/diseases and want that added challenge, but Hypothermia does the same thing except doesn't add 10000 wool blanket scraps to lug around.

e: chesko fight me irl

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

BlueInkAlchemist posted:

I'm just glad that SSE is not an automatic download for us Steam users... as far as we know. :tinfoil:

they've already confirmed its a separate steam entry

also this trustworthy guy really has no idea how computers work

I completely believe he's an old dude now

mbt fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 20, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

boy I can't wait for people to start crying to modders to make their new mods compatible with old skyrim over the next century

it's only recently that people realized making mods compatible without dlcs is a waste of time/effort

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

I hate graphics modding so I'm looking forward to this at least.

its apparently just using the hi res textures that have been available on PC for 5 years now

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

The lighting has apparently been improved as well, although that could just end up meaning that everything now looks washed out and terrible.

oblivion_bloom.bmp

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ugh legacy of the dragonborn needs skse and won't even be attempted to be ported until SKSESE is made.

https://arcadiamgames.wordpress.com/2016/10/19/shifting-tides/

but the creator has plans to make this great mod even greater and thankfully cut down on all the bloat

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Deified Data posted:

A good perk overhaul was what I was waiting for. Anyone else used this?

yeah dude ordinator is one of the most used perk mods ever

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Farg posted:

so i got a bunch of mods through the bethesda net stuff but i'm swithcing to NMM because its not bad. Whats the best way to keep all my old mods? Just start installing the new poo poo via NMM or install them in NMM then uninstall them in bethesda net or?

write down what mods you have and uninstall everything from bethesda net and go and make sure there isn't anything left

then NMM

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

I installed it on my last Oldrim playthrough, and found it to be an overhyped wreck that was only barely stable at the best of times. YMMV of course, but I got zero satisfaction from the museum's existence.

if you aren't a completionist you won't find anything in the museum for you

but if you're like me and played morrowind for hundreds of hours trying to fill the museum of artifacts in mournhold it's really really cool

V17 should be even better because he's going through and purging all the lose ends and nonworking garbage, hopefully he can rewrite the autosort script to not take a minute

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

CascadeBeta posted:

Also is SPERG the go to favorite still, or has PerMa won any hearts?

perma sucks my anus
ordinator is the only one that works with SSE
sperg is good but not in SSE

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

TipsyMcStagger posted:

is there any armor/character model revamps?

aMidianborn read the OP

all retexture mods work with sse

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Would texture mods from Oldrim work in the SE without any worry?

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

all retexture mods work with sse

three posts up, my dude

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

PureRok posted:

I thought SE used a new format/compression for their textures and using older textures could cause errors?

normals can be messed up with landscape mods, try your best to not use mods if they are, but if you want a temp fix do this:

quote:

*Temporary fix for shiny natural ground textures*

Go to Data/Textures/landscape
Delete all the maps - everything ending in _n

i am tim! posted:

Yeah, and don't you still have to load and reserve it in the modding tools?

for pure texture mods no

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5a834o/psatexture_mods_that_work_with_skyrim_special/

thats a list of confirmed working mods

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

There should be a "READ THE OP" graphic reminiscent of the "USE NVAC" from the New Vegas thread.

but the graphic would be in the OP that no one reads

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Transmetropolitan posted:

lol

I read the OP, but given the gigantic amount of "mandatory" fixes that it even says so there that is mandatory in the perspective of veteran modders, I presumed some weren't so essential at all for an absolute first timer?

Also, perhaps in the last update of the op or so might have been some novel info and I thought it would be polite to ask :v:

LAST UPDATED: 10/26/2016

you must not understand how held together with duct tape and super glue skyrim is, yes those are 'mandatory' in that they're all bugfix mods or mods that you'll need if you have any intention to keep reading the OP. After that it's get what you want but if you don't have say, silent voice, you're gonna be like WHUA WHOA WHA WHY ISNT EVERYTHING SYNCING UP IN THIS BAD MOD and I can point to this 1 kb download and whisper "read the OP"

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

more like open shitties

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

what's the best mod to slow down experience gains for SSE? Normally I'd use a custom uncapper ini but that doesn't work yet. I like mid-early game skyrim a lot and if I do a single guild to the end I'm usually a superpowered god

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Is there a Morrowloot Ultimate patch for using Ordinator on SSE? The Ordinator page says that there should be, but I can't find it on Morrowloot Ultimate's page.

from the OG MLU page: "The only perk MLU affects is Benefactor, which means you may miss out on some bonuses to Restore potions."

there are patches on the original MLU download page, you could probably get that and update it with the new CS

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

were there any mods that made blackreach more interesting

it looks rad but is just a dungeon crawl with leveled loot, really spooked me into thinking skyrim was going to be amazing when i went there five years ago

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Was Civil War Overhaul ever ported to SSE before the creator took it down?

you don't want it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

you probably edited an enb ini

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ComposerGuy posted:

Prolonging the Mage quests is perfect for me. I always felt my progression from rookie to King of Magic was really fast.

I don't think it does that much, there are different mods to make skill or time requirements for guilds which is what you want.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Isn't it also the same one that adds in a few terrible fanmade soundclips, since it's been made by head autist Arthmoor? Stuff like the terrible "Dovakin, nooooooooooooo!" you hear when you kill that first dragon. Or was that another one of his mods?

that was the unofficial patch which makes it even more of a gently caress up

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

I hate that if you play Elder Scrolls games normally, you spent like 2/3s of the game as an unstoppable god killing hordes of bandits wearing full suits of ebony and glass armor like they're nothing. I just started again and I have it set so I level at 15% of normal. I actually have to give a drat about my gear because it won't be obsolete after 20 minutes. Might drop it down to 10 or 12% even.

if that's the case then you're either playing oblivion or you're modding skyrim incorrectly/not enough. try a combat mod and morrowloot ultimate

e: or you're really good :shrug:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Rhjamiz posted:

I don't know if it's even possible to be "good" at skyrim

metagame item locations
abuse alchemy/blacksmithing/enchanting
cast the most efficient spells in town and rest to level up magic trees really fast
be a stealth archer

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dejawesp posted:

Yeah I remember making potions that healed for full health every second for ten thousand seconds and dumb stuff like that. I them fervently sold all my crafted potions to the scamp because he paid full value. His gold reset every week or so. So you had to wait 24 hours x 7 to get more gold. I would spend a whole afternoon just selling stuff to him. All for useless loving Morrowind gold. I have no idea what I was thinking.

its just 24 hours for merchant gold reset

you just played yourself

also mudcrab merchant has 10k gold

Dejawesp posted:

In Morrowind being bad meant that you could swing your weapon into someone's face without hitting.

Could that game even be played at the highest difficulty from the start? Mudcrabs would one-shot you.
yeah you just have to build your characters correctly, it is "hard mode" but 100% doable

this is uh... yes this is the skyrim thread

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

nah he has to buy the SE

don't play vanilla game, half the mods won't work and the SE is better in almost every conceivable way

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

csidle posted:

For some reason, I cannot smith on enchanted weapons, despite having the perk to do so. I am given the message "You are lacking the perk required to improve magic items." I do have the perk, and I can improve magic armour, such as the thieves guild armour. Any ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/pe7yQ

from the uesp

Though it can be tempered with an ebony ingot, it is not classified as an ebony weapon -- nor is it classified as any other standard weapon material. Therefore, its upgrades do not benefit from any smithing perks, and, without a Fortify Smithing effect, it can only be tempered to Flawless quality.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

csidle posted:

Thanks. What about the other weapons though? Similiar reasons, I guess?

try searching uesp

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ElMudo posted:

The last update from the SKSE team said tentatively mid-March for beta. SkyUI was the one where the maintainers had all moved on, but I believe someone has agreed to take on updating it once SKSE64 is out.

if skse works in a similar way skyui probably won't need too big of an update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ghost of Starman posted:

Innnteresting...

Unrelated (probably), but I'm seeming to have some trouble getting Hearthfire to work. I have the DLC listed as "Installed" from my Steam library, but there's no Hearthfire.esm or anything showing up in Mod Manager.

then it is not installed