Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Are there any good mods that make money management more of a thing?

My usual game goes: get to whiterun and buy some gear upgrades. Do a couple quests and buy/upgrade the house. Do any random dungeon and have more money than ever needed again.

I'm trying to play a more thieving based character, and it's entirely pointless because money's such a non-issue so quickly.

I use realistic needs/frostfall so I have to pay for the occasional room and food, but beyond that I have no costs.

You might want to look at Taxes of the Nine Holds.

It has an MCM to change how much money you pay in taxes and the interval (ie you can set it to pay 1000 gold to Whiterun once a month). Failure to pay (or refuse to pay) your dues will result in a bounty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

LOL If you only have one Waifu. :smuggo:

Too many waifus can ruin your laifu.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mister Adequate posted:

I can see merits to both styles and have enjoyed Skyrim modded in both directions tbh.

Giant Squad sounds more fun than punching yourself in the dick 300 times.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

sebmojo posted:

They have a paying money to level up skills system thats artificial but effective as a way of keeping money relevant into the end game.

They put Gothic in my Skyrim!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Have the various mods that use Skyproc been updated for SE?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

*Muffled STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM in the distance*

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Gyshall posted:

Isn't that the heightmap included in the base files?

Yep, you can't reach the city.

Bruma question: What's up with that locked manor with a single guard posted outside (who I happened to kill in self-defense)?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Cool screenshot, what ENB did you use?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

OAquinas posted:

Yeah, this is a temporary thing. They're not doing it to be "gently caress you, taking my ball home" but to raise awareness that "hey, these guys are lovely/shady"

Oh good, I was worried she'd become another Apollodown (but her mods are actually good).

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I know this the Skyrim mod thread but is there a mod that replaces Morrowind's title music with this?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Keep in mind you'll hear it in-game too, not just on the title screen.

Even better.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

What's the hot new leveled list patcher for Special Edition, is it still Wrye Bash?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

After exiting SSE, Mod Organizer 2 still seems to think it's running (saying the virtualized version is still on). How do I remedy this?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Looks like the latest version of Legacy of the Dragonborn is set to be released on the 15th.

Here's a document detailing what's new.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Odyssey is an expansion to Legacy

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Here's a mod that turns the courier into a giant spider, because why not?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Are there any decent civil war mods for SE?

There's the Second Great War. Haven't tested it myself (yet) but you can choose to join the Thalmor though.

EDIT: Are there any SE mods that let you see your body in first person view?

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 6, 2020

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I only quit because it was freezing on me. The dialogue's very European - like, some dude just randomly dropped a couple c-words, they kinda go out of their way to have more sex than strictly necessary - but the base gameplay's Skyrim and the gameplay loop of having to buy skillup books to use the level-up-granted skill points actually makes money relevant. I was enjoying it as Basically More Skyrim, But A Little Worse.

Sounds a bit like Eurojank RPGs such as Gothic and Risen

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I just learned that the mods in my load with italic names are ESPs flagged as ESL. That makes me feel better about having all those LOTD patches in my load order. :v:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I only had Lucien for a couple of days now but I'm attached to the goober.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The armored mudcrab is free on the Creation Club.

EDIT: Turns out it's been for a while

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I'm having bug with the Honed Metal mod where the orders I pick up don't get unpacked, so they end up being stuck in my inventory. Hasn't happened before in my previous playthroughs so it's weird.

If it helps, here's my load order: https://pastebin.com/6GDx0aFp

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Get on my level: I mod, play a little bit, tweak my load order, rinse and repeat.

(I just want to have a full, good playthrough of Skyrim for once. :smith:)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Skwirl posted:

this is good for more and more challenging random encounters

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24913

It's all random encounters on the overworld, so if it's too much you can either run away from the encounter, or if you don't run away in time after you reload it will probably be something else, or you won't even encounter anything to begin with.

Those are some swole-rear end Rieklings.

EDIT: Tag yourself, I'm the one who forgot to bring a weapon.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I just want to give a shout out to this cool mod where weapons and armor you sell may end up being used by members of other factions (bandits, the civil war armies, Dawnguard, etc.) so that Sword of Asskicking you sold to Belethor for a quick buck may end up being used by a bandit leader or you can channel your inner arms dealer and outfit one of the civil war factions with the good stuff (or sell to both sides, I ain't stopping you).

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 7, 2020

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

How did he get banned? Did he criticize some shmuck's anime titty follower mod?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I get a warning of delinquent masters* with the DynDOLOD esm enabled before I make a bashed patch. Should I be worried and what can I do to get rid of it needing a master file?

*Dawn of Skyrim is the master in this context

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The good news is that vampire attacks are off by default in SE!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Thieves Guild Requirements is a good one. Won’t let you join the guild until you have actually, y’know, actually stole and pickpocketed a few things to show you are actually a thief, and you won’t be able to advance it’s main storyline until you can pass some skill checks (which you change, or just turn off).

It's worth installing on non-thief playthroughs so Brynjolf doesn't make a beeline for you the moment you enter Riften.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Sooo I have an infinite load screen on loadup and I'm trying to figure out what's going on with it. I thought RS Children and USSEP conflicts caused it but a) that problem was last year and b) I have an MO2 profile for a Beyond Skyrim playthrough with those installed too and there's no problems whatsoever. :shrug:

Here's my modlist, if it helps

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 27, 2020

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Are you running more than 255 esps like the list suggests? I think that's a fatal problem there.

Is the issue new, and is this a new list?

There's 184 ESPs with 12 ESM so's below the limit.

nine-gear crow posted:

Ironically, it's probably RSC_USSEP_AventusFix.esp that's causing the infinite wheel at the main menu. The infinite menu was thanks to some weird bug specifically tied to Aventus Aretino, hence why that patch was needed. It's since been fixed in both USSEP and RS Children, so now ironically the patch actually causes the error it was supposed to fix. Try disabling it and see what happens.

I'll give that a go.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Rainbow Knight posted:

you can install both iirc. one will overwrite the other visually, but both sets of perk trees will still exist, unless one deletes vanilla perks or replaces them with something (i think ordinator does this with some perks.) you can add the "hidden" perks via console, or load ord last to use those perks and get the auto perks from SPERG

or you could do Vokriinator Plus

Does Vokriinator Plus have the "running around increases your armor skill" feature SPERG has?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Rainbow Knight posted:

yep. it even keeps all of the perks if you want to add the hidden ones via console

Cool! That's one of my favorite things about SPERG, despite being a little feature. It just makes sense.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Why are you paying such close attention to the children?

I adopted that homeless girl from Whiterun and I don't want to look at a potato-faced Oblivion NPC whenever I come home from a long day of killing dragons and taking magical artifacts from Nordic ruins.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Do night sky retexture mods work with weather overhauls? I'd like to use this (and maybe this one too) with Mythical Ages and I'm curious if they'd play nice.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

docbeard posted:

Generally speaking yeah, but check the compatibility notes for everything. If you're using Mod Organizer it's pretty trivial to see whether anything in one mod is overwriting anything in the other.

Thanks. Noob question: How do I check in MO2 to see if they're overwriting, just right click on information and look for conflicts?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Thanks again. There's no lightning bolt symbols present on the three mods, so it's all good I guess.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Sep 11, 2020

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The madman behind Vokriinator has released a version that requires nine mods:

SPERG
Mysticism
Adamant
Path of Sorcery
Vokrii
Vokrii - Mysticism patch (in Vokrii's page)
Ordinator
Ordinator - Combat Styles
Vokriinator Black

Booted it up and yeah it's something.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/39723

:hmmyes:

Sadly, it does not add peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Better Tel Mythrin

There's an update file on the mod's page. Should I use that separately or overwrite the main file with it?